Ideas for Solo Add Ons

Reaction score
I would like to see 3dr add a mapping package like they have on their M designated platforms. It would be cool to swap out the GOPRO gimbal with a fixed Cannon Camera mount with the camera programed with the 3DR CHDK and usb to fly mapping missions. Additionally, if they could connect it to the FPV system built in would be awesome. They say the Solo can be controlled with Ground Station to program the mission.

Some sort of inflatable airbag or emergency float system for those who fly over water. Possibly activation on sudden decel/fall as well as a water sensor that deploys on water landing in order to prevent sinking.

Reactions: Cpt Tylor
Okay, a couple more ideas in line with the confetti bay....

I was driving past a golf course today and realized I need an air horn accessory to mount on the Solo. Prank city!

Then I thought, a little more practically, that we need an accessory that lays smoke trails like the planes at air shows. That would actually be pretty cool.

Some way to remotely light a fuse on say, a bottle rocket, might be cool too.

Reactions: Raybro
I would like to see 3dr add a mapping package like they have on their M designated platforms. It would be cool to swap out the GOPRO gimbal with a fixed Cannon Camera mount with the camera programed with the 3DR CHDK and usb to fly mapping missions. Additionally, if they could connect it to the FPV system built in would be awesome. They say the Solo can be controlled with Ground Station to program the mission.

Connect via wifi, then change connection type to UDP in either Tower or Droidplanner and you can upload and create missions and change pixhawk settings like before.

how about some acceries for SARs (search and rescue) like an IR camera and thermal imaging camera that would hook up to the Gimbal ( GOPRO could produce it using flir technology and GOPRO 4 housings:). and like posted earlier Wi-Fi extender or some type of booster. other then the work around I'm doing now.

how about some acceries for SARs (search and rescue) like an IR camera and thermal imaging camera that would hook up to the Gimbal ( GOPRO could produce it using flir technology and GOPRO 4 housings:). and like posted earlier Wi-Fi extender or some type of booster. other then the work around I'm doing now.

There was one released today that says GoPro mount compatible. Looks like it might work with the fixed mount but not fit in the gimbal. Has pmw / interface ports to trigger an ezoom. Not cheap

FLIR Introduces New Professional-Grade Thermal Camera for Commercial Drones

Time to revise a dead thread!

I use mine to scare off crows and mocking birds. It's a lot more expensive than firecrackers....but also a lot more fun....better aim too lol. So maybe a good accessory would be a sound maker that sounds like a hawk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421