I am so angry!!

OK... so 3DR said they would send a replacement cable. That was 4 weeks ago now and still nothing has arrived. I also bought the Relish 3D cable which I ordered at the same time. That arrived a few days later (I'm 5 hours from Singapore and ironically I was there over New Years)... however I fitted that ribbon HDMI cable on Boxing Day and "voila!" instant live video streaming.... Yay!.... until now that is :(

Now I have live feed when the solo is on the ground and up to about 20 - 30m away but then is fuzzes out and goes blank. Sometimes it comes back. Then when I land I have feed again.

It's bizarre because only a few days ago I was flying from a very high point over a valley and I have live feed for 600m or more. It seem to be a loss of signal or something but again it is so frustrating.

Only on Thursday this week did it start losing feed again. I have removed and re-fitted the ribbon just in case, and then tested last night but still the same.

Is there anything else I can check? I actually have a small shoot later this afternoon of some Kayaks in the Swan River with the city as a backdrop... now I won't be able to see...

I was thinking perhaps using the controller HDMI Out with my lap top??
I was having the same problem w/loosing video feed after take off & flying out a few meters. I thought it was the hdmi cable giving me problems. After closer inspection, I found that the hdmi plug on the gimbal board was loose. And I even managed to pull the plug out from the board when taking the cable loose. The hdmi plug on board is extremely delicate as I found out the hard way. Now I'm waiting on new gimbal I ended up purchasing for 20% off for a total of $160. Lesson learned.

Reactions: Stason Smith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks