I am new

Reaction score
I am new to the UAV world and like others bought a Solo over all the others. I received it and then it landed upside down after a collision with a tree after hitting RTH during a cable cam shot. Burned the #2 Motorpod and waited like everyone else. I ordered a motorpod when it showed up on the 3DR website. They charged my card for 60 bucks, showed it was ready for shipping and in stock. Guess I was a lucky one or not,, No after a week I think i am not. I called asking about it because the charge disappeared on my credit card. The lady said she is placing a priority ship when they figure out what happened. HA that tells me they do not have them and doing damage control! I asked about getting priority shipping on the Gimbal and the lady laughed over the phone at me ( Kinda Unprofessional ). I called DroneFly because that is who I ordered from to find out about the usual stuff everyone else is waiting for such as batts, Rotors and Backpack. Got the same response that they are waiting for shipments of Gimbal before sending me my other items. This whole program is a load of crap. I feel like i was duped by Bernie Madoff in a ponzi trick.

Gota admit lady laughing about the gimbal is a bit comical though, hope things get better for ya. I'm anxious as well but I'm very happy with my solo luckily I had a p2 for a year to get some experience. That little bit of experience and kinda babying it since I've seen issues is the only reasons I've saved mine from a couple glitch wrecks. I still only fly manual under 20 or 30 feet for now and things have been solid.

Hope things start looking up for ya, at least the gimbals almost here now, soon as I get it even if I have to fly manual or do a mod or two I'll be happy just cause when it works right it's definitley my favorite quad. My phantom2 just feels,flys and looks toy like I've got that comment from a few outside the hobby since getting solo as well so to me personally it's worth a bit of testing or a couple bucks in mods. That said I like that kinda thing if it's your first quad and you'd rather have a ready day 1 platform maybe another option is your best bet since solo is early in its life. Frustration totally understood but I'd bet if you had issues with dji equipment you'd be in worse shape honestly at least 3dr is trying and seems to be honoring warranty issues and return policies.

I only got it because I am getting my degree right now in UAS through Embry-Riddle and thought might as well work with one while studying for it.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Yes, being new myself - I have to think of Obiwan', patience young one. Still awaiting 2 extra batteries (this week from Best Buy = in stock), and awaiting on the gimbal.

Otherwise, fly slow and low for now, and leave the sliders on 'beginner' mode. Take a look at my avatar - that's my Solo stuck in a small tree by my house. Twice in home/hover mode it just took off to the right without any control inputs, still figuring that one out.

Cheers,

Chip
---

I am new to the UAV world and like others bought a Solo over all the others. I received it and then it landed upside down after a collision with a tree after hitting RTH during a cable cam shot. Burned the #2 Motorpod and waited like everyone else. I ordered a motorpod when it showed up on the 3DR website. They charged my card for 60 bucks, showed it was ready for shipping and in stock. Guess I was a lucky one or not,, No after a week I think i am not. I called asking about it because the charge disappeared on my credit card. The lady said she is placing a priority ship when they figure out what happened. HA that tells me they do not have them and doing damage control! I asked about getting priority shipping on the Gimbal and the lady laughed over the phone at me ( Kinda Unprofessional ). I called DroneFly because that is who I ordered from to find out about the usual stuff everyone else is waiting for such as batts, Rotors and Backpack. Got the same response that they are waiting for shipments of Gimbal before sending me my other items. This whole program is a load of crap. I feel like i was duped by Bernie Madoff in a ponzi trick.
Welcome aboard!

I said in another thread 3DR's support personnel are great, but their logistics suck. I made the mistake of ordering replacement props directly from them last week and still haven't received them (keep in mind that the props have been available on the website from day one). Still waiting on a replacement GoPro mount and at this rate, I may get my gimbal before the standard mount. My advice is to order from a third party as much as you can until 3DR can get their logistics squared away. I know it's probably not possible when ordering motor pods (at least not yet), but that's just my two cents.

P.S. A & B plus Pause, that's your mantra. That will turn off the motors instantly so don't do it when it's in the air, but if it lands upside down that will prevent you from burning out the motor pods. (section 3.9.5 of the current user manual).

Reactions: Chip Luck
Welcome aboard!

I said in another thread 3DR's support personnel are great, but their logistics suck. I made the mistake of ordering replacement props directly from them last week and still haven't received them (keep in mind that the props have been available on the website from day one). Still waiting on a replacement GoPro mount and at this rate, I may get my gimbal before the standard mount. My advice is to order from a third party as much as you can until 3DR can get their logistics squared away. I know it's probably not possible when ordering motor pods (at least not yet), but that's just my two cents.

P.S. A & B plus Pause, that's your mantra. That will turn off the motors instantly so don't do it when it's in the air, but if it lands upside down that will prevent you from burning out the motor pods. (section 3.9.5 of the current user manual).

Why a 'set' of props comes in a pack of 2, 1 black and 1 silver escapes me. Bought two boxes at Best Buy when I picked up Solo, thank God - crash No. 1 took care of that!

Yes, as Mark mentioned, there are a few buttons you NEED to know before you fly, ever:
- Pause (stop now)
- Home (come back man!)
- A+B+Pause as mentioned by Mark (saved my motors, 3 crashes so far, 1 my fault, 2 run-aways while hovering in home position at low ALT).

Don't fly out of line-of-sight, I lost control at 120m for some reason, held down [Fly] and Solo re-connected.

FYI: Best Buy has: Batteries and Props, and a SanDisk 64gb microSDXC UHS-1 (3) Card on sale on-line for around $55, that's a deal man.

Reactions: Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44