http://www.wsj.com/articles/drone-delivers-medicine-to-rural-virginia-clinic-1437155114

Reaction score
I attended this event this morning and thought I would share some pics. The medicine was flown from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg down to Wise Va in a UAV SR-22. There was a pilot in the plane just in case he needed to take over the controls. It was flown though from a ground station at the airport. Once it arrived the medicine was loaded onto one of Flirty's Quad and was flown to the clinic about a mile away. It was a milestone as it had never been done before in the US. This was a first.

Here are a couple of pics I took this morning.

Here is a Wall Street Journal Story and here is the story in depth on Google news. Since it happened this morning there will be a lot of news articles and videos that will start showing up this evening. When I see a good video story on it I will post it. I did not go to the clinic to watch the medicine be delivered so I look forward to seeing that footage.

Very cool! This is really fantastic and a great benefit to rural and isolated areas. And very cool that you were there and witnessed this. Almost like the early days of the Pony Express in a sense.

Very cool! This is really fantastic and a great benefit to rural and isolated areas. And very cool that you were there and witnessed this. Almost like the early days of the Pony Express in a sense.

Yes it was pretty cool knowing this will become standard practice eventually one day. The event was held in my home town about an hour and a half away where we live now. Me and my wife left 25 years ago for better jobs. I'm a board member on a Tech Council that helps coordinate and promote events like this to help foster STEM in the schools.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44