How to split missions in mission planner

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm doing a repeated survey of 18 hectares here in the UK with a Solo on Opensolo 3.0. I've been manually splitting waypoint missions into approx. 10-mintue flights, and loading them individually to solo as I bring her back to change batteries, etc. It seems that Mission Planner has improved it's splitting of missions (I recall it didn't used to work...). Now, when I "split mission into 6 segments", MP comes up with a full mission with 6 "DO_JUMP" points at the beginning. I'm curious how folks here are doing multi-part survey missions, and if you're using MP's splitting tool? If so, how are you operating solo in the field? I've just been setting the first row in the Flight Data -> Action pane to "Mission Start", and then clicking "Do Action". Perhaps with this multi DO_JUMP setup, you send it to a waypoint and go from there? Not sure, a bit confused. Guess I'll stick with manual for now, but would be eager to hear how everyone else does it, and if there's a way of using MP's splitting utility...

thanks,
allie

Reactions: Arny58 and Endure1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea