How to know which hardware version I have (Version2 VersionB)

Reaction score
Just picked up a 3DR Solo Director Kit (Gimbal, 2 batteries,10props) at Frys yesterday. I read that there is an upgraded version of hardware called Version2 or VersionB.
I am not a DIY-er, drone newbie, just a filmmaker needing a simple to use drone (so i can worry about actors, story etc :)

Is there a way I can know by the looks, or serial number or mfk. date... What will i lose if I get older Version1 or Version A...

Hi Raga- welcome to the forum!
Not sure what you're referring to but there was only one production run of Solo. The one you just bought was manufactured last year.

Solo originally came with a GPS module mounted to a green PC board. Later, 3DR came out with another module which uses a black PC board. They did not go through their inventory and replace the green boards. Apparently they used them when a customer sent Solo back because of GPS problems which couldn't be fixed over the phone. No, you can't buy it.

If you want to see which one you have, remove the plastic cover in front of the battery. Refer to the manual for directions:
User Manual | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology

Currently there doesn't appear to be any performance difference between the two.

Reactions: raga

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc