How to Flip the Image?

Reaction score
Website
www.westernrockart.org
It lives ... it lives !!

A couple of successful test flights this evening, hanging a Sony RX100 from a static tripod mount, and using a Pixel TW-283 Wireless Remote Control to fire the shutter. I am getting about 150' ++ shutter control.

Running the HDMI feed from the camera to the solo app (on the cell phone) for visual, BUT it is upside down, because the camera is, of course, hanging upside down.

Since I am getting a headache looking at this thing, any easy way to flip the image 180 degrees for normal viewing?

Also, although I have the weight down to below 400g, control actions seem a bit "jerky" and I need a light touch on the controls, or the craft seems to "bounce around" a bit. Most of the payload weight is in the camera, and I think the solo struggles a bit to maintain level, sometimes.

Also, with a static mount, I need to point the entire rig. Is there any way to "tilt" the rig forward/back and still maintain a stable position?

-- Rick Rack

Stability is closely correlated to center of gravity. Move your rig to put the center of gravity as close to the center of mass as possible, if that is an option.

Also, any rotorcraft will have the flight dynamics change when heavily loaded. It's just the nature of beating air with a prop to create lift.

To address your last point - any tilting of the "rig" with a standard mount results in relative airspeed, i.e., you're either moving relative to the ground, or holding still in a wind. In dead air, there is no way to tilt and not move laterally.

Camera is hanging upside down from tripod mount. Possible to flip image in solo or solex app?
I expect it might be possible to perform a transform on the video stream before it leaves SOLO, at the cost of additional lag time. Might look into it...

A quick search of Youtube shows that you can change the orientation of the GoPro camera. Here is a link to the instruction video for Hero3 and Hero4.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A quick search of Youtube shows that you can change the orientation of the GoPro camera. Here is a link to the instruction video for Hero3 and Hero4.

The OP is not talking about a GoPro....
Disclaimer: this is not my Photo and only used to inform the uninformed rx100.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela