How to connect Solo and Transmitter when password is unknown

Reaction score
Hello All
i purchased a used solo/transmitter/gimbal but i have been unable to connect the transmitter to the solo or iPhone because i do not have the WiFi password. The seller provided what he thought was the password, but it never worked. Is there a process to re-set? Thanks for your help

Nick- If you read P2P's link you will see, at the top of the page:
Attention: Before performing this procedure, contact customer support. A premature Factory Reset can cause software compatibility issues.

If you contact CS, they will tell you to "perform a factory reset" and lead you through the exact instructions on that web page. The only difference, IMHO, is that you will have wasted your time contacting CS.

Just read, be sure you understand, and then perform the reset exactly as outlined, and you will not have a problem. Do not get in a hurry as it resets.

ETA: Your post, 2 minutes before this one, says that you have done dozens of flights...

Nick- If you read P2P's link you will see, at the top of the page:
Attention: Before performing this procedure, contact customer support. A premature Factory Reset can cause software compatibility issues.

If you contact CS, they will tell you to "perform a factory reset" and lead you through the exact instructions on that web page. The only difference, IMHO, is that you will have wasted your time contacting CS.

Just read, be sure you understand, and then perform the reset exactly as outlined, and you will not have a problem. Do not get in a hurry as it resets.

ETA: Your post, 2 minutes before this one, says that you have done dozens of flights...

Hi SARDG - thanks so much for the advice! regarding my other post: I purchased a solo/gimbal new and it has been working well (dozens of flights) - but i have recently begun having intermittent video transmission problems - hence that question. A few weeks ago I also purchased a second solo used, and it is this used one that i have been unable to use due to this connection issue. i purchased it as a bundle with a bunch of other stuff i wanted, and in case i needed parts (batteries, backpack, long range antenna etc...). i wanted to fire it up to see if I have the video issues on this one as well...

You might try this:
1. Turn on transmitter
2. Turn on Solo
3. Wait for transmitter and Solo to connect (possibly wait for GPS lock)
4. Start Solo app
5. Press the "Connect" button on the upper left of app screen
You should get a window that shows how to connect to the Solo's WiFi which may or may not show the correct password.

I may be wrong about this but I thought I had forgotten the password once and was able to retrieve it this way.
It will give you the password information if you have recently connected or once you are connected. Same as if you went into the Solo App's WiFi Settings page.
Then, if you have Sometimers Disease like me, at least you could write it down cause Sometimes I remember and Sometimes I don't.
- Done on an iPad.

Or as Pedals stated, do a Factory Reset, which will definitely work.
Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig