How to: Check wifi environment before flying

Earl... You make a lot of very good points. As a newly to RC, every day I learn more and more from experienced people like yourself on these forums. I am generally hesitant to make changes to a product, mostly because I am clueless on electronics. If this is an easy mod, please give us a link for this wifi free mod. Thanks

To me it seems 3DR is saying Solo is very susceptible to wifi interference, so how do you know if it's safe to fly?

They don't tell us how to do this, but maybe an app can help?

I use this Android app a lot: WiFi analyzer by fsrproc

It's easy and quick. Attached is a screen shot, is it safe to fly here?

Note that I fly rc 2.4 ghz aircraft here with no problems but I don't know if Solo would be safe here considering the warnings by 3DR.

Thanks- I didn't even know this app existed!

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Earl... You make a lot of very good points. As a newly to RC, every day I learn more and more from experienced people like yourself on these forums. I am generally hesitant to make changes to a product, mostly because I am clueless on electronics. If this is an easy mod, please give us a link for this wifi free mod. Thanks
It is called the "hostapd.conf" mod, based on the name of the file you are making changes in. The entire discussion is a sticky link at the top of the Solo discussion here.

Video - Software mod to increase radio range - hostapd.conf | Page 7 | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

There are two ways to do it. the "manual" way... and using the handy app a guy made. I recommend the app.

Look for a post and link from "Judicator". Download the app. Connect your PC to the Sololink network. Run the app. Hit the button to make the changes. You can also change it back if you want :)

Reactions: Richard
apologize if this should be on a different thread, but thought this to be close to being on topic...
I am getting prepared to fly in a factory while no workers present and no machines running. There are several Wi-Fi access points runnining 24/7. Will these pose a problem?

apologize if this should be on a different thread, but thought this to be close to being on topic...
I am getting prepared to fly in a factory while no workers present and no machines running. There are several Wi-Fi access points runnining 24/7. Will these pose a problem?
Hard to say but unless they are transmitting a signal I don't think it will be a problem.

I presume you will be flying manually as you might not get reliable GPS reception in there?

Yes, have A button setup for fly:manual. I have been practicing outdoors, and I love the smoothness! Thanks for response.

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks