How many preorders?

Reaction score
Does anyone want to venture a guess as to how many preorders 3DR got after the announcement? Surely the numbers can't be anywhere close to a preorder for an Apple product. I don't personally know another guy who is into flying UAVs, unlike everyone person who I know who has a MAC or an iPhone, etc.

Got this email today. Finally a word from the "man" himself. This is all I have been asking for these past 8 weeks..just some transparency and update status. I for one am not surprised, disappointed or "bummed". Solo is going to be an incredible tool and platform to build on and I'm all for waiting a few more weeks for 3DR to get the gimbal right. Viva Solo..Viva 3DR

Dear Kenneth
To ensure the Solo Gimbal works seamlessly with GoPro cameras, we are doing final testing of control functionality through the HERO Bus before finalizing the firmware of the gimbal and starting mass production. This means that while Solo is starting to ship, gimbals will begin shipping in July.

If I were reading this email while eagerly awaiting Solo (and I’m sure you already have shoots lined up in June), I’d be super bummed right now. So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and of course enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

We are truly committed to our users having a great experience with 3DR, so please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience with 3DR better.

Thank you for your understanding,

Colin Guinn

Reactions: Jimmy
Got this email today. Finally a word from the "man" himself. This is all I have been asking for these past 8 weeks..just some transparency and update status. I for one am not surprised, disappointed or "bummed". Solo is going to be an incredible tool and platform to build on and I'm all for waiting a few more weeks for 3DR to get the gimbal right. Viva Solo..Viva 3DR

Dear Kenneth
To ensure the Solo Gimbal works seamlessly with GoPro cameras, we are doing final testing of control functionality through the HERO Bus before finalizing the firmware of the gimbal and starting mass production. This means that while Solo is starting to ship, gimbals will begin shipping in July.

If I were reading this email while eagerly awaiting Solo (and I’m sure you already have shoots lined up in June), I’d be super bummed right now. So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and of course enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

We are truly committed to our users having a great experience with 3DR, so please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make your experience with 3DR better.

Colin Guinn
Looks like everyone at 3DR is using the same canned response and just adding their sig to it: http://www.3drpilots.com/threads/delayed-solo-release.38/page-3#post-723

Dear Kenneth

Colin Guinn

You think it was from the man himself LOL

Here's mine from "Ryan"

Hope your day is going well,

If I were reading this email while eagerly awaiting Solo (and I’m sure you already have shoots lined up in June), I’d be super bummed right now. So, we wanted to come up with a token of apology for the few weeks you’ll have to fly Solo around with the standard vibration-isolated GoPro The Frame mount, while you imagine how that beautiful HD video would look if it were perfectly stabilized in all three axes. Here’s what we’re offering: Anyone who purchases Solo in the months of May or June will receive a free Solo flight battery ($149 USD). At least you’ll have some extra flight time to practice those Cable cam shots, and, of course, enjoy the HD video streaming from the GoPro for some fun FPV flying while you wait for your gimbal.

-Ryan
Tech Support Team
Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(858) 225-1414

its so amazing how copy-paste do its magic..LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member