3dr Solo from Italy big doubts

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, my name is david and I write from italy. I've been here for a long time even though I never signed up before. I am always passionate about drones, and I loved 3dr design from the very first moment. I've read a lot of drone problems, but I would find a good deal on amazon for the combo kit. what do you think? many have told me to let go, because it is an old drone and now abandoned by 3dr. I apologize in advance for the thousand questions I will make, and I hope you can really help me. I use mac and ios systems, are there any problems? I know that besides the native app, many use Sidepilots, correct? but what changes should be made to the drone? what spare parts should I buy? I would not like to be with the drone crashed to the ground. the flight time with gimbal is only 15 minutes? I would only use it for slow video, no sports or anything else. I guess it needs to have at least 2 batteries. can the drone that sell stop in the box for more than 2 years and therefore have problems? they assured me that it is a model 2016. as a guarantee, there is nothing real, since the 3dr disappeared as a drones sale? really thank everyone in advance!

I use mac and ios systems, are there any problems? I know that besides the native app, many use Sidepilots, correct? I use android
but what changes should be made to the drone? Leg extensions, GPS shielding,....
what spare parts should I buy? Props typically, other parts should be as needed
the flight time with gimbal is only 15 minutes? YES
I would only use it for slow video, no sports or anything else. I guess it needs to have at least 2 batteries. can the drone that sell stop in the box for more than 2 years and therefore have problems? New batteries seem to store well, even batteries marked as 2015 manufactured date. You'll want 2-3 batteries at a minimum...more batteries, more fun.
they assured me that it is a model 2016. as a guarantee, there is nothing real, since the 3dr disappeared as a drones sale? They are still there, just not on the consumer side. After-market parts and upgrades are available and will expand in time.

Any answer to your questions is subjective. The forum has many resources to learn from, just search and read. Practice in an open field, altitude is your friend.

Many thanks!
I read some news and saw that many have changed the gps card and shielding, and so many problems have been eliminated. for the propellers I read there is some say the originals are better, others prefer the third ones. on the batteries I agree I'll get at least 3, only I noticed that from America those are not shipped to Italy. Longer legs will make it for sure. And i think i mister chance and but this:
mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade
sorry for the questions that maybe people will have done for years, but I'm new and I'm not very practical at forums. however, you are a very unique forum, made by people who are available and experienced.
Davide

Regarding upgrades like GPS, shielding, etc., those are usually done IF you have problems with your Solo.

Regarding upgrades like GPS, shielding, etc., those are usually done IF you have problems with your Solo.

how do I know if I have problems? I would not understand it after losing or destroying the drone. Thanks

oh oh :( i have an other problem: I had bought the drone in combo version on amazon, with gimbal, bag and propellers. but I did not see that the seller was not amazon. everything is new, and cost me $ 699 more shipping. I thought the taxes were understood, but I see that they will be separate. So I'm going to pay this $ 1000 drone. according to you can still go well? or better to claim reimbursement? with the money that I will pay for Italian customs, I could buy gopro4. at this point I'm really undecided. because I would pay it like the new mavic pro platinium, which maybe is better.

join a local facebook drone group that will give you a wider platform to operate from. you will connect with others that can share info and give local direction. For example Se requiere un control de seguridad
in Africa 3dr solo parts is not a problem. batteries are because of transporting and importing some types of batteries.= big problem
I don’t regret buying a solo even when I was aware of issues with 3DR Robotics company I still bought one, as a newbie solo has given me the basic platform to develop skills.

oh oh :( i have an other problem: I had bought the drone in combo version on amazon, with gimbal, bag and propellers. but I did not see that the seller was not amazon. everything is new, and cost me $ 699 more shipping. I thought the taxes were understood, but I see that they will be separate. So I'm going to pay this $ 1000 drone. according to you can still go well? or better to claim reimbursement? with the money that I will pay for Italian customs, I could buy gopro4. at this point I'm really undecided. because I would pay it like the new mavic pro platinium, which maybe is better.
The Mavic is not better. If you can find a similar deal and not pay customs, do that. $300 for customs is a lot!

The Mavic is not better. If you can find a similar deal and not pay customs, do that. $300 for customs is a lot!
It's a great time to be in this hobby and there are several very good options available to purchase. I have a MP and love it, but I also enjoy my P4P, Spark and I'm sure I'll enjoy my new Solo that is supposed to arrive next week. Curious about customs -- do they not apply to dji products in your country?

seller put 400$ on package ( I have pay real 800$ with shipment ). so, Italy custom I think put 22%+5% of total price ( 400$ ). yes is not few, but in italy 3dr Solo new, are 699 euro for only drone!!!! in Usa you are very lucky.

seller put 400$ on package ( I have pay real 800$ with shipment ). so, Italy custom I think put 22%+5% of total price ( 400$ ). yes is not few, but in italy 3dr Solo new, are 699 euro for only drone!!!! in Usa you are very lucky.
Got it. Was reading on sites like tomtop, bang etc... where they will change the value if you email them. Ie - P4P they actually sell it for more than is USA which is crazy since if you buy any dji product in China it is actually 20% or pr higher of a discount than if purchased in USA but in any event I heard they will show value as a fraction of what you paid to lessen the fees paid for importers. Sounds like you need find a seller that in this case put's the real value on the solo package which should be <200 imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig