How do you reset the 3dr drone back to factory reset

Reaction score
How do you reset the 3dr drone back to factory reset

LOL! Problem is, I didn't get one of those friendly manuals in my box, and no one typically offers a link to it. A lot of us new to the 3DR Solo are left scratching our heads thinking "RTFM" is an inside joke... ;)

It's a good reference, answered most of my questions.

Almost no one puts a manual in the box any more. and if they do its so small its useless
No company in the right mind is still doing paper.
First thing I do today on any product purchase is go to the manufacturers website and look for documentation and down load it.

Reactions: SARDG
Almost no one puts a manual in the box any more. and if they do its so small its useless
No company in the right mind is still doing paper.
That's not true.

First, I'd suggest any "right mind" manufacturer would want to include a user manual, especially with a product as potentially complex as this.

Second, 3DR does include paper: two large setup cards, in English and French. But neither references that a full manual exists, let alone refers the customers to where to download it.

But, it's not worth an Internet argument. I placed the link above, so maybe it'll be useful to someone else, as it was for me. Cheers!

OK now we get to have fun
How do you qualify that statement not true
What is your background, I can tell you my background in consumer goods is pretty expansive

Reactions: SARDG
LOL! Problem is, I didn't get one of those friendly manuals in my box, and no one typically offers a link to it. A lot of us new to the 3DR Solo are left scratching our heads thinking "RTFM" is an inside joke... ;)

It's a good reference, answered most of my questions.
I was new to Solo 8 months ago and after opening the box I ran, not walked to Google, for the manual, then printed it out.

I had long-since begun to manage my expectations for Solo and other consumer electronics and what should be included... the manual, a lanyard, leg extensions. :( As a matter of fact, searching out the manual is a good initial exercise in what soon follows in Solo ownership - self sufficiency - with assistance from the forum search function and Google.

Last edited:
Reactions: pyrate
Welcome to the new world
We evaluate products for some major retailers from a service perspective
documentation is one of our eval points
If you are lucky you get a quick start guide and a link
very few full printed manuals now a days

Here is a PDF Solo Owners manual.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• 3DR Solo Manual.pdf
    7.9 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: DJMc
I just received my second one and the controller cannot find the Solo. I went through every factory reset suggestions etc. Any thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M