hmmm, not sure about this

As long as you have a heat gun and a bit of patience the carbon skins are relatively easy to install. The guy that sells them is super cool as well. I boogered up the first one trying to install it with a hair dryer and he sent a 2nd one free of charge no questions asked. It also saved my solo from some scrathches after this past weekends run in with a tree branch.

@XperienceVisuals are the wraps vinyl?

I haven't had time to do any serious flying but I'll report back when I do.
@Maddog after flying with the plastidip on for a while are you noticing any difference in flight time vs extra weight of the plastidip?

How do you think I would go about spraying two colours of plastidip? The paint scheme is going to be the same as the Westpac rescue chopper in the video on the first page of this thread. Has the stripes of red and yellow.

Would you reckon I would do yellow as the base and then the red over the top as the stripes?

@Maddog after flying with the plastidip on for a while are you noticing any difference in flight time vs extra weight of the plastidip?

How do you think I would go about spraying two colours of plastidip? The paint scheme is going to be the same as the Westpac rescue chopper in the video on the first page of this thread. Has the stripes of red and yellow.

Would you reckon I would do yellow as the base and then the red over the top as the stripes?
I really can't tell any difference- the weight is really negligible and I don't find the aerodynamics of a small, slow moving drone to be an issue.

I painted Solo by first spraying with white PlastiDip, then 2 coats of orange.

I would always apply the base coat 1st followed by stripes. Give the base coat several days to dry before doing the stripes. If you are going to mask off areas for the stripes, I would use a low-tack tape so you don't risk pulling off the base coat, because PlastiDip is made so you can peel it off if you don't like it.

After spraying the final coat on your stripes (spray, let dry for a couple minutes, spray again. The idea is to get the PlastiDip on and the tape off as fast as possible.) Don't wait too long to take the tape off. (Just dry enough that it won't run but still a little wet) Unlike paint, you don't want to let PlastiDip dry too long or you will peel your stripes off when the tape comes off. You might need to use a razor blade or exacto knife to cut the edge when peeling the tape off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso