hmmm, not sure about this

Went ahead and did mine with the Blaze orange PlastiDip. Looks about the same color as yours Pete!

Had to paint Solo white 1st, as trying to cover black would be impossible.
View attachment 3058
View attachment 3059

looking good !

did you manage to push those foldable leg extenders from Relish3D all the way in ? my ones don't go in fully and I'm worried I'm gonna break Solo legs if I try to push any harder.

@pete have you tried heating up the leg extenders a little? That's what I ended up having to do. Then hold them in place until they cool down. Don't over do the heat. I also put some black shrink wrap over them where the join to Solos legs, just to be sure I don't lose one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pete
@pete have you tried heating up the leg extenders a little? That's what I ended up having to do. Then hold them in place until they cool down. Don't over do the heat. I also put some black shrink wrap over them where the join to Solos legs, just to be sure I don't lose one of them.

brilliant, 2 minutes job, thanks mate.

I had those longer foldable extenders in orange colour for a while but couldn't figure out how to put them on and now I need them as I'm heading to Central Australia, lots of sand over there.

@pete central oz, you better make sure you've got yourself some kind of helipad. I've been using a blanket down the beach held in place with whatever big rocks I can find close by. Bloody sand! Gets into everything. The only good thing sand does is keep the points up here perfectly groomed.

@pete central oz, you better make sure you've got yourself some kind of helipad. I've been using a blanket down the beach held in place with whatever big rocks I can find close by. Bloody sand! Gets into everything. The only good thing sand does is keep the points up here perfectly groomed.

I think I'll use my camping table as a landing pad

anyway, I hope I have enough spares for the Solo to last the trip
_DSF5612.jpg

Reactions: Acroduster
looking good !

did you manage to push those foldable leg extenders from Relish3D all the way in ? my ones don't go in fully and I'm worried I'm gonna break Solo legs if I try to push any harder.
I see you got yours taken care of, but yes I just pushed them on without any problem. Getting them OFF is a different story.

I think I'll use my camping table as a landing pad

anyway, I hope I have enough spares for the Solo to last the trip
View attachment 3062
I see you have some of the "Super X" super expensive adhesive. Do you think white Elmers glue would work as well at least for keeping cables, etc., attached to a circuit board?
I was going to order some Super X but the shipping cost gave me heartburn.:(

Have you noticed if the weight of the plastidip has affected performance or flight time?

I see you have some of the "Super X" super expensive adhesive. Do you think white Elmers glue would work as well at least for keeping cables, etc., attached to a circuit board?
I was going to order some Super X but the shipping cost gave me heartburn.:(
This stuff will work very well, and is not hard to remove if needed. It stays pliable. It's kind of like rubber cement, but stronger. We used it in electronic manufacturing a lot to hold parts with long leads down to the board, or they'd eventually break due to vibration. Heat isn't an issue.

GE Silicone II 2.8 oz. Clear Window and Door Caulk-GE500 3TG - The Home Depot

And NO, DON'T use elmers. A little humidity and it will be all over the inside of your bird.

Reactions: Maddog
This stuff will work very well, and is not hard to remove if needed. It stays pliable. It's kind of like rubber cement, but stronger. We used it in electronic manufacturing a lot to hold parts with long leads down to the board, or they'd eventually break due to vibration. Heat isn't an issue.

GE Silicone II 2.8 oz. Clear Window and Door Caulk-GE500 3TG - The Home Depot

And NO, DON'T use elmers. A little humidity and it will be all over the inside of your bird.
I've used silicone like that for other projects but never thought about electronics- thanks.

looking good !

I took a file and filed down the slot till they would go on easy and lock into place.

Thanks,

As long as you have a heat gun and a bit of patience the carbon skins are relatively easy to install. The guy that sells them is super cool as well. I boogered up the first one trying to install it with a hair dryer and he sent a 2nd one free of charge no questions asked. It also saved my solo from some scrathches after this past weekends run in with a tree branch.

As long as you have a heat gun and a bit of patience the carbon skins are relatively easy to install. The guy that sells them is super cool as well. I boogered up the first one trying to install it with a hair dryer and he sent a 2nd one free of charge no questions asked. It also saved my solo from some scrathches after this past weekends run in with a tree branch.
I figured it was similar to wrapping a car.o_O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig