Hitec X4 AC Plus Four-Channel AC/DC Multi-Charger

Reaction score
Who uses it? What are your impressions?
539836_958395467548325_6825749818972409388_n.jpg

I have the charger, but don't have leads for the Solo battery. Where did you buy those leads? Or did you make them yourself. I love the charger as I have used it for all my other MR batteries.

Fully charged? Tried after charging plug to charge from 3DR, LEDs light up?

Fully charged? Tried after charging plug to charge from 3DR, LEDs light up?
Yes - the batteries charge as normal. The battery LED lights increase as more of a charge is added. When the battery gets to about 16.7 volts, the amount of amps being charged starts to decline. When the battery reaches 16.80 volts, the amps charging steadily decline as the battery is equalizing the cells. Eventually, there is a full charge on the battery, which the charger is only putting out about .4 amps at this point.

I only charge at 3.3amps, set for a "Lipo Charge" on a 4S battery. Don't use the "Lipo Balance" option, as the battery takes care of the balancing. It still takes about 60 - 100 minutes to charge a battery, but I can do 4 at the same time.

Reactions: Coastwise
Yes - the batteries charge as normal. The battery LED lights increase as more of a charge is added. When the battery gets to about 16.7 volts, the amount of amps being charged starts to decline. When the battery reaches 16.80 volts, the amps charging steadily decline as the battery is equalizing the cells. Eventually, there is a full charge on the battery, which the charger is only putting out about .4 amps at this point.

I only charge at 3.3amps, set for a "Lipo Charge" on a 4S battery. Don't use the "Lipo Balance" option, as the battery takes care of the balancing. It still takes about 60 - 100 minutes to charge a battery, but I can do 4 at the same time.
Do you set your capacity cut-off to "on" at 5400 mAh or, do you leave it off; or, on at the default 5000 mAh?

Here are the actual Male Molex plugs used in the charger.
http://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0464371087_PCB_HEADERS.xml

Note that those are identical to the ones that come with the charger, and do NOT have the 3rd prong for the SMBus interface (which isn't needed for charging). They also don't have the extra plastic tab that is on the charger plug, which makes it so you can only plug them in one way (the correct way), so you'd still have to be careful to make sure the plug orientation is correct when plugging them in.

A few places I've found to purchase them...First one requires min qty 6. Second and third ones sell them single.
https://www.verical.com/pd/molex-power-connector-46437-1087-369766
46437-1087 Molex - chip1stop.com
46437-1087 by Molex | Connector Power | Arrow.com

How did that buck converter work out? I've been looking at some that are cheaper as they are 4A. From what I understand, and I could very well be wrong, but the solo battery will limit the charge to 3.3a even if you throw more at it. Has this been your experience?

Who uses it? What are your impressions?
539836_958395467548325_6825749818972409388_n.jpg
I need to do this! I have the same charger and just need to make some custom plugs like the PIC above. Maybe some epoxy and 120VAC spades would do the trick!

Polarity has (+) at the top of the 3DR battery correct? Nice thing is that the charger will not charge if the leads are backwards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44