Here+ vs. MRO M8N GPS

I have to say, that monstrous gps unit protruding out of the top really takes away from the sleek, stealthy look of the Solo.

I have to say, that monstrous gps unit protruding out of the top really takes away from the sleek, stealthy look of the Solo.
I think it might helpful if carrying a magnetic payload under the Solo using the leg compass. Keep in mind the HERE has a compass in it. You lose the leg compass and use the one above the Solo. I just ordered one for a Solo that carry's a large mirror less camera under its belly.

The HERE does not require any app. It's a GPS and compass attached to the aircraft. The app has nothing to do with it other than the ease of changing the parameter during install.
Can you even change the parameter with the stock Solo app from 3DR? Mission Planner or Solex yes. I've never looked real close at the stock Solo app for this.

Ok, here's my thoughts on the whole mRo vs. HERE situation.

I just installed a purple mRo...took it outside for a quick flight and Solo acquired 9 sats almost instantly and a rock steady 20-21 throughput the flight. My RevA used to boot up with zero sats. So I can say this thing works as advertised.

I'm not giving up on the HERE though. I'm going to order one for another Solo I have and compare the two. But for now the mRo gets a thumbs up from me. [emoji106]

the thing you have to ask yourself now, is who do you want to support.
Jordi and MRO have taken a very odd direction towards the others offering solo upgrades.
For a reason many of us do not understand, and undeniably underhanded and false.

Jordi is not in this for the continuance of the platform. He is in it for the money.

I will give my dollars to the team working to make solo great in the long term.
So for me its a no brainer. The Here is better hardware and, it supports Hex, ProfiCnc and others who have shown a dedication to our little black flying machines.

Ok, here's my thoughts on the whole mRo vs. HERE situation.

I just installed a purple mRo...took it outside for a quick flight and Solo acquired 9 sats almost instantly and a rock steady 20-21 throughput the flight. My RevA used to boot up with zero sats. So I can say this thing works as advertised.

I'm not giving up on the HERE though. I'm going to order one for another Solo I have and compare the two. But for now the mRo gets a thumbs up from me. [emoji106]
How difficult is it to.swap out the GPS ? I think they upgraded the NOAA weather radar that's located 2 miles.away.from.tje field I fly out of. I am.goimg.to need a better GPS if I want to fly.out of that field.

It's pretty simple. Just pop the front cover off, take the screws off stock gps, swap in new board and reinstall screws. Look up "3dr solo gps upgrade" on youtube.

I have the mRo installed one of my Solos and the Here installed in another (I have 5 Solos total not counting the one I bought for parts off eBay). I noticed similar performance from both units, but would expect the Here to work better overall. The mRo looks factory, but is about $30 more. The Here performs as good or better and is $30 cheaper but requires external mounting. Here is a photo of my Here!
de7c60d9b4bdc858dfc67b8e1b076d1c.jpg
Could you please explain how you managed to "splice the wires" and connect? The cable has 8 coloured wires and the GPS connector has only 6. I don't know what to splice specifically. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Search here gps ‘pin out’ And Solo pin out. That’s how I was able to connect it to a pixhawk scratch build. Wow, I just assumed the solo had the big connector. And if not the solo then what’s the big connector for?

Reactions: Chamodya Dias
Search here gps ‘pin out’ And Solo pin out. That’s how I was able to connect it to a pixhawk scratch build. Wow, I just assumed the solo had the big connector. And if not the solo then what’s the big connector for?

Thanks. I will see that. Can you send any images if you have.

Being unable to find an adapter gps cable I bought 6 pin cable to use the connectors to splice onto the here gps cable. Sorry no pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig