Here GNSS

Reaction score
Is there an update when the new Here GNSS code will be available?

From Jesters Drones———
There is a little bit of a delay with the HERE Solo Kit, The Newest version of the HERE GPS, Purchased after 1/1/2018, HEX, the manufacturer, has recently moved to a different chip, what that means is that the current install procedure for SOLO with the HERE will not work, because mission planner and by proxy, SOLEX will not detect the GPS.

New Drivers have to be added to Mission planner to see this new and improved chip set. So, while these drivers are available in the beta test versions of Arducopter, for Solo, I will hold off on selling or shipping, until these divers have been tested and added to master.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I asked P2P about this last week and this is what he had to say:

"If you're using the stock cube, the old version of ArduCopter does not have the driver for the new version of the HERE, and it never will. So for the time being, stock cubes will require the older version of the HERE. If you're running Open Solo on the green cube, you have ArduCopter 3.5.4, and it has the driver for the new version of the HERE already. But, you would need to manually change the COMPASS_ORIENT parameter to something else since it is not 0 anymore. ArduCopter 3.5.5 has recently been released, and has that orientation fix baked into it, meaning the COMPASS_ORIENT parameter should be 0 again. This is **not** baked into Open Solo, and I haven't put 3.5.5 up on Solex or SidePilot yet. I'll make a point of doing that this weekend. I have a new HERE for testing and will be poking around to make sure it works as expected this weekend too

That said, the required slew rate protection will *probably* be added to ArduCopter master in the near future. That would allow everyone, stock or green, to run ArduCopter master and solve all our worldly problems. There is no date, but it's been discussed and likely to happen."

I asked P2P about this last week and this is what he had to say:

"If you're using the stock cube, the old version of ArduCopter does not have the driver for the new version of the HERE, and it never will. So for the time being, stock cubes will require the older version of the HERE. If you're running Open Solo on the green cube, you have ArduCopter 3.5.4, and it has the driver for the new version of the HERE already. But, you would need to manually change the COMPASS_ORIENT parameter to something else since it is not 0 anymore. ArduCopter 3.5.5 has recently been released, and has that orientation fix baked into it, meaning the COMPASS_ORIENT parameter should be 0 again. This is **not** baked into Open Solo, and I haven't put 3.5.5 up on Solex or SidePilot yet. I'll make a point of doing that this weekend. I have a new HERE for testing and will be poking around to make sure it works as expected this weekend too

That said, the required slew rate protection will *probably* be added to ArduCopter master in the near future. That would allow everyone, stock or green, to run ArduCopter master and solve all our worldly problems. There is no date, but it's been discussed and likely to happen."
This answers my guestion, thanks for the update,

Where is the older version of the Here available? The Here that will work with the stock solo cube and OpenSolo

Where is the older version of the Here available? The Here that will work with the stock solo cube and OpenSolo
Ask JesterDrones if he has any old ones, I thought someone said he was getting a batch of old ones in specifically for such customers.

Does anyone know exactly what changed in the Here GNSS? I read that there was a chipset change but change to what? M8Q or M8M? A new rev of M8N? The new Broadcom chipset?

Just curious...

Thanks,

Dave H.

Does anyone know exactly what changed in the Here GNSS? I read that there was a chipset change but change to what? M8Q or M8M? A new rev of M8N? The new Broadcom chipset?

There is a new magnetometer. The old one is no longer produced. Nothing special. Still a M8N.

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reply. Still recovering from the Nor'easter here in Boston with another coming...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44