Help with solo

Reaction score
My solo wont stop going up until it reaches maximum height settings??

Sorry, I should have said I already reset the controller and a Solo Completely

The Solo will still do it's rise on RTL, even above your height limit.

Don't suppose you have the tlogs from these flights? I have a sneaking suspicion they would tell us whether it is the sticks or another issue, like maybe a bad or plugged barometer.

My thought exactly. Calibrate Solo, yes...calibrate controller???

Yes. There is a way to calibrate the controller (sticks) but it's not included in the standard calibration options in any of the apps as far as I know. Some other brands (which shall remain unnamed) do include stick calibration in their calibration options.

I do it every so often as part of routine maintenance.

Reactions: timgilley
Yes. There is a way to calibrate the controller (sticks) but it's not included in the standard calibration options in any of the apps as far as I know. Some other brands (which shall remain unnamed) do include stick calibration in their calibration options.

I do it every so often as part of routine maintenance.

I'm aware of stick calibration, but have never done it. Ardupilot has parameters for stick sensitivity.

I'm aware of stick calibration, but have never done it. Ardupilot has parameters for stick sensitivity.

Actually, the calibration has nothing to do with sensitivity. It ensures that the data sent from the stick positions lines up with the actual stick positions. For example, the actual position of the right stick could be sitting at rest dead center but the data being sent to the flight controller is telling it the stick is slightly left or right of dead center. This could cause the solo to drift slightly when not holding the sticks. Another scenario and one I experienced myself a couple of years ago with a refurb, is the calibration being off with the throttle down reading. I took it out for it's maiden flight without doing any calibrations and the flight was wildly erratic. It wasn't responding properly to stick input and when I went to stick land, the motors wouldn't shut down, it bounced around and went skidding across the grass until finally I did an emergency shut off.

I took it home, ran all the calibrations including stick then tried again. This time it flew and landed perfectly. Still using that Solo to this day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc