HELP! wifi mod not reverted before recent update. no connection

Reaction score
Well I made a bonehead move and didn't revert back my wifi mod before I did the update. Now I cannot connect to Solo with the controller. I had a custom wifi password stored and my guess is the passwords don't match? I'm hoping thats the only problem. I tried to reset the controller and it still can't to solo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Well I made a bonehead move and didn't revert back my wifi mod before I did the update. Now I cannot connect to Solo with the controller. I had a custom wifi password stored and my guess is the passwords don't match? I'm hoping thats the only problem. I tried to reset the controller and it still can't to solo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Mabe a factory reset might help...unless there's another way to get your wifi mode back..?

Alls you gota do is turn both on and push something in the pair hole on solo, then after a wait controller will say press and hold a+b to re pair. Then I was able to log in with the default password and change it to my custom stuff again. I did the same as you but ended up doing a factory reset that I'm not sure didn't make my issues worse overall.

No need for a reset. The factory default password will work.
Avoid the reset as that is your last resort.

Reactions: Del
No need for a reset. The factory default password will work.
Avoid the reset as that is your last resort.
How's your video feed doing, you said you kept the mod and updated right?

My feed was really slow and choppy before the update, but now seems to be a lot better in the few flights I've been out so far post update.

I reverted using solo tweak early instead of the ssh reset command and I had to do a factory reset. Don't forget to do a compass, level and stick cal once you are gong again

How's your video feed doing, you said you kept the mod and updated right?

My feed was really slow and choppy before the update, but now seems to be a lot better in the few flights I've been out so far post update.
MY video feed has been good, better than before the update. I am thinking the mod is no longer on my Solo since I had to connect to wifi using the default password and then re-paired the controller.
But yeah, before the update the video would get a little laggy and choppy at times particularly if I was some distance out.
I'm leaving mine the way it is. The factory reset would be my last resort after seeing people brick there's after attempting it.

MY video feed has been good, better than before the update. I am thinking the mod is no longer on my Solo since I had to connect to wifi using the default password and then re-paired the controller.
But yeah, before the update the video would get a little laggy and choppy at times particularly if I was some distance out.
I'm leaving mine the way it is. The factory reset would be my last resort after seeing people brick there's after attempting it.

How'd folks brick them after trying it, they do something wrong or just the process has bugs? I hadn't seen that and figured it was easier and more accurate than going in and manually changing values back.

What's the max satellites were supposed to lock cause until today mines been 14, just a minute ago I had 15 though so now I'm kinda confused?

The reset I think fd mine up, everything's acting up now. My GPS wasn't locking, my GoPro said needs firmware update in app, my gimbal wasn't responding. All these at different times and I did manage to get them to work but now it's still drifting. I fd up doing a reset I can't recommend it as a fix for anything period.

DO NOT FACTORY RESET PERIOD!!!! Unless 3dr support specifically gives you the a ok or there's no other options you may regret it.

Last edited:
The reset I think fd mine up, everything's acting up now. My GPS wasn't locking, my GoPro said needs firmware update in app, my gimbal wasn't responding. All these at different times and I did manage to get them to work but now it's still drifting. I fd up doing a reset I can't recommend it as a fix for anything period.

DO NOT FACTORY RESET PERIOD!!!!
Sorry to hear of your issue. Time to work with 3DR as the update either caused an issue, or something else went bad at the same time. However, as you yourself have seen, a factory reset is often what is needed as a last resort and will usually fix a lot of different issue. In you case, it did not work. But to offer "DO NOT FACTORY RESET PERIOD!!!!" would not be blanket advice for everyone.

Maybe not but I'd strongly agree with 3dr at this point in only using it as a fix after working with them, that way if it screws something up its on them to fix it. Only way I'll do it again is under their advice, most electronics a factory reset is your best bet and the process has been tested enough to work well for anyone, I'm not do sure that's the case with solo.
Sorry to hear of your issue. Time to work with 3DR as the update either caused an issue, or something else went bad at the same time. However, as you yourself have seen, a factory reset is often what is needed as a last resort and will usually fix a lot of different issue. In you case, it did not work. But to offer "DO NOT FACTORY RESET PERIOD!!!!" would not be blanket advice for everyone.

I was impatient and am tired of all the waiting so didn't take the warning for much and seems like now I have quite a few issues beside the ones I wanted to reset initially. Nearly every function of mines now iffy and you saw I've been fairly lucky with my solo compared to a lot, so I can't say the resets a good option unless like Ray said it's a last resort.

Maybe not but I'd strongly agree with 3dr at this point in only using it as a fix after working with them, that way if it screws something up its on them to fix it. Only way I'll do it again is under their advice, most electronics a factory reset is your best bet and the process has been tested enough to work well for anyone, I'm not do sure that's the case with solo.
Good point!
They even got the warning on there web page...

Factory Reset Procedure
Attention: Before performing this procedure, contact customer support. A premature Factory Reset can cause software compatibility issues.

Yea I saw another warning today searching for fixes saying Factory reset when not required could cause irreparable damage to solo. That one would have made me more hesitant than the software compatibility warning on the site now. Factory resets are great on most things but I'm nervous now after hearing some horror stories, seems solos is a bit more risky than any I've seen. I've never had any issues on other electronics or computers, usually it works well. With solo just know going in there are people having trouble with factory resets and it certainly seems related not coincidental.

Have you redone your sticks cal after reset? Fixed my drifting and other issues after my factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks