Hello from Tyler TX

Reaction score
So I just got a NIB Solo, an interesting find the guy had two so he never touched the second. Everything was still sealed. I payed 350 for this one with a extra brand new battery and gimble and he will sell his second one he has along with 4 Batts, backpack, props, and a lot of extras for $300
That being said I know that there are some upgrades that need to be done and others that would be nice but not needed for safe flight would you mind giving me a road map as to priority.

Hardware: If you have the Rev A GPS (green board), upgrade that first. Essential. Alfa antennae is cheap and very useful as well.

Software: after your first update, ditch the outdated Solo ground control software and buy Solex (android) or Sidepilot (IOS) for flight control.

Arducopter 3.7 firmware is coming soon (via the software mentioned above) with many updates for stock cubes that improve flight and landing capabilities and decrease crash probability.

Lots of reading to do... [emoji846]

Hey @Wetstone : the GPS replacemnet should be the "mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade", correct? There are some Alfa antennas available, can you recommend a certain model? Thanks!

For the simplicity of plug and play, yes. I have the purple board. Make sure there are only two satellite constellations enabled, not three. The older black board had only two as default. Some of the more recent purple boards had 3 constellations enabled which caused problems.

The Alfas are about $20 for two. Nothing fancy.

I must add that many prefer the more accurate HERE GPS. But it's not pnp.

So I just got a NIB Solo, an interesting find the guy had two so he never touched the second. Everything was still sealed. I payed 350 for this one with a extra brand new battery and gimble and he will sell his second one he has along with 4 Batts, backpack, props, and a lot of extras for $300
That being said I know that there are some upgrades that need to be done and others that would be nice but not needed for safe flight would you mind giving me a road map as to priority.
You will be needing more than 2 batteries...try and and buy a few more from him.

Hey Willie. $350 was fair for the new Solo. $300 is a little steep for the used one depending on what he is offering as "extras". Be mindful that even "new" batteries are almost 4yrs old. At some point you will need to move to fresh aftermarket paks. Michael is correct. You will need more than 2 batteries. Average flight times are running 10-15 minutes on the OEM batteries.
You will be needing more than 2 batteries...try and and buy a few more from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc