Hello, all. Just purchased a Solo

Consider raising your rth height. Don't know your location but the stock 49' height is not good usually. Cranking it up to about 200 feet often gives you a chance to get controller reconnected and hit fly again.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DevRogue
Live and learn at least props are the one part with availability and cheap enough. Seems unless you take this thing at high speed into a brick wall that's about all that breaks, that a huge plus over my other bird. If you have trouble next flight you may need to follow the level and compass calibrations if it's not holding level or drifting a lot after your wreck.

I would recommend just start with the absolute basics--practice taking off and landing a dozen or so times, and then practice something else, like drifting or rotating. ALWAYS start small. No matter how long you've been flying multirotors--the first time with any new unit you're experiencing should always be treated with kid gloves so you get a feel for how it handles and new quirks you're not used to. Never hot dog it from the start--it's a great way to ensure you won't have a functioning UAS for very long.

Welcome to the forum tons of good info and folks here to help with any and everything to do with solo. You came at the right time gimbals are coming any time now, read through some of the good and bad experiences here and it'll keep you in the air, safe flying.

Welcome Marque.

This is a great forum. Some very experienced guys who are super helpful. I'm a newbie myself so happy to share any experiences or help in any way. Enjoy, you purchased a great quad that U.S. Just going to get better!

Cheers.

Welcome and Happy Flying!
Thanx Bro. However I already have a problem - I have never been able to view my GoPro 4 via FPV the screen has always been blacked out I tried a 3+ on it as well. I have been in contact with support and the guy actually told me that some units have bad HDMI cords so I also posted a thread looking for the cord, and after my email conversation with the service rep I have not heard from him since and I have sent at least 5 emails to various entities at 3DR

Thanx Bro. However I already have a problem - I have never been able to view my GoPro 4 via FPV the screen has always been blacked out I tried a 3+ on it as well. I have been in contact with support and the guy actually told me that some units have bad HDMI cords so I also posted a thread looking for the cord, and after my email conversation with the service rep I have not heard from him since and I have sent at least 5 emails to various entities at 3DR
There are several things to check.

Make sure the cable is fully seated. You may have to release the binder on the camera mount and reposition the GoPro to ensure the cable is fully seated.

Make sure the Camera is fully charged and powered on.

Make sure the camera is set to NTSC mode and not PAL

If you have a cable you can connect to the same port then to a TV or monitor to see if you can get video.

Set the camera to 1080 or 720

I would say after all that it would probably be the cable. I would try and call them as well.

I hope you get it fixed.
Ray

Not positive if they resolved or 3dr did but I'm pretty sure there's been threads troubleshooting your problem. If ya got time may be worth looking for the camera feed titled threads here.

Not positive if they resolved or 3dr did but I'm pretty sure there's been threads troubleshooting your problem. If ya got time may be worth looking for the camera feed titled threads here.
Thank you. I will look into it further.

There are several things to check.

Make sure the cable is fully seated. You may have to release the binder on the camera mount and reposition the GoPro to ensure the cable is fully seated.

Make sure the Camera is fully charged and powered on.

Make sure the camera is set to NTSC mode and not PAL

If you have a cable you can connect to the same port then to a TV or monitor to see if you can get video.

Set the camera to 1080 or 720

I would say after all that it would probably be the cable. I would try and call them as well.

I hope you get it fixed.
Ray
Thank you Bro. I tried everything except plug it into my TV since this is a micro cord there are not too many adapters for this size. I plugged both a Hero3+ and a 4 without them being in the cradle so they were fully plugged. All the settings as well NTSC Wireless turned off ....Thank you for the suggestion.

Also, I have found at times when going into the Solo app, even though on the controller it says the app is connected, the app is not connected on the tablet and I will have a blank screen. At the top of the screen, it says "Disconnected". At this point I restart the tablet and I am able to get the app connected with video.

Also, I have found at times when going into the Solo app, even though on the controller it says the app is connected, the app is not connected on the tablet and I will have a blank screen. At the top of the screen, it says "Disconnected". At this point I restart the tablet and I am able to get the app connected with video.
welcome aboard, what tablet are you using may I ask?

Marque, as Adimuzio said there are a few threads in this (one of which I started). I also have the hero4 black and had the same issues as could not get feed to an iPad 2. Happy to say all resolved now. On another thread a few folks posted an order in which to start things up. Since following the order I have had no issues. In general, plug hero I to solo and power up hero. Next power up solo. Then, power up controller and connect to solo link. Once you see solo is starting to acquire satellites then open up the app. Some other folks have also noted that if they did not fully close down the app last time they used it this could cause issues so always make sure you start the app at the home screen ( if not and using iPad you can quit it by pressing iPad home button twice and swiping the app up). Hope this helps.

Marque, as Adimuzio said there are a few threads in this (one of which I started). I also have the hero4 black and had the same issues as could not get feed to an iPad 2. Happy to say all resolved now. On another thread a few folks posted an order in which to start things up. Since following the order I have had no issues. In general, plug hero I to solo and power up hero. Next power up solo. Then, power up controller and connect to solo link. Once you see solo is starting to acquire satellites then open up the app. Some other folks have also noted that if they did not fully close down the app last time they used it this could cause issues so always make sure you start the app at the home screen ( if not and using iPad you can quit it by pressing iPad home button twice and swiping the app up). Hope this helps.
Thank you so much I never "Restarted" the iPad nor have I turned on the Hero first - I'm going to put this thing back together and try some of the suggestions that I hand't tried - can't hurt.

Thank you so much I never "Restarted" the iPad nor have I turned on the Hero first - I'm going to put this thing back together and try some of the suggestions that I hand't tried - can't hurt.
Did NOT work. 3DR responded to a NEW trouble ticket I sent this afternoon, However the spelling of some words were incorrect leading me to believe that the tech's first/native language is not english - or He just made a number of errors (Which I do ALL the time so I will reserve judgement) But he instructed me to do many of the steps I had already outlined in my email. There were some things that I could try before considering this email null.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40