Hello, all. Just purchased a Solo

Reaction score
Hello im Trevor from Toronto. Just purchased my Solo and will be taking it for its maiden this evening. wanted to introduce myself.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Welcome to 3dr pilots great idea you had to look around a bit online before hand there are some dos and donts that could help ya stay in the air posted in these threads. Since parts are kinda hard to come by even with a warranty I've been pretty cautious and have had issues but none that grounded my solo just something to think about.

Anyway fly safe and good luck.

Hello im Trevor from Toronto. Just purchased my Solo and will be taking it for its maiden this evening. wanted to introduce myself.
please sure to meet u Trevor, welcome to the forum!

Enjoy the solo and heed the very knowledgeable advice of the pros here, I've learned a ton and still learning more everday :)

Me too this is my second quad and even after well more than a hundred p2 flights and headed to a hundred packs through solo already and learning a ton here on the forum. Best move I made and I'm sure just taking part in forums has saved me quite a bit of time, money, and headaches learning what others have already done or not done in keeping these things in the air rather than on the bench.

thanks for the warm welcome. maiden went perfect then i had the idea to show it to some people with low battery near some trees. so it went into home mode and took off into rth into some trees so snapped two props but other than that it seems ok. just hope the motors arent strained. spoke too soon and got too cocky haha.

thanks for the warm welcome. maiden went perfect then i had the idea to show it to some people with low battery near some trees. so it went into home mode and took off into rth into some trees so snapped two props but other than that it seems ok. just hope the motors arent strained. spoke too soon and got too cocky haha.

Live and learn at least props are the one part with availability and cheap enough. Seems unless you take this thing at high speed into a brick wall that's about all that breaks, that a huge plus over my other bird. If you have trouble next flight you may need to follow the level and compass calibrations if it's not holding level or drifting a lot after your wreck.

Reactions: Trevor
Live and learn at least props are the one part with availability and cheap enough. Seems unless you take this thing at high speed into a brick wall that's about all that breaks, that a huge plus over my other bird. If you have trouble next flight you may need to follow the level and compass calibrations if it's not holding level or drifting a lot after your wreck.
thank you for the insight. i did level it and compass calibrate. i think i was just dumb and let it run too low on battery near trees. i couldnt take control of it to stop it from lowering into the tree tops.

Welcome Trevor. Read the posts here. I'm new to this and the guys and gals on this site are great and can teach you a lot. They confuse me a lot when they get real technical, but offer a lot of good advice. Very valuable lesson I learned is the pause button. It will stop a lot of crashes. Hope you get back in the air soon.

Ask anyone here...

Trees.... They're not good for us haha.
Any damage? Ive yet to crash my solo and I hear horror stories of some who have.

Welcome crash victim. Anything higher than Solo is a possible crash site. Keep that in mind. I ran mine into an ocotillo plant shortly after I began flying. It was a draw. Solo chewed the crap out of a couple branches then dropped onto it's top, cause it's top heavy, and then proceeded to try and burrow into the sand with all four props. Three props were completely destroyed. But not a scratch on Solo. It's a frickin TANK. I replaced the props and put it back in the air and it fle great. Still does. Take care dude

yes, amazingly only the tips of two props were damaged, barely a scratch on the solo itself. took it out to a field this morning and seems to be flying well. luckily they give us those replacement props haha. learned my lesson thats for sure.

yes, amazingly only the tips of two props were damaged, barely a scratch on the solo itself. took it out to a field this morning and seems to be flying well. luckily they give us those replacement props haha. learned my lesson thats for sure.

as i told someone else:

get spare props.
get spare props.
get spare props.

i had a minor tip on grass and one semi-snapped off.

these props are way more delicate; i hope plastic ones come out. i've gone through almost 3 pairs already and all from minor knicks with corners. might even go with some custom prop protectors just to save myself from spending $15 each time i fly.

View media item 16View media item 17View media item 18

Reactions: Trevor
as i told someone else:

get spare props.
get spare props.
get spare props.

i had a minor tip on grass and one semi-snapped off.

these props are way more delicate; i hope plastic ones come out. i've gone through almost 3 pairs already and all from minor knicks with corners. might even go with some custom prop protectors just to save myself from spending $15 each time i fly.

View media item 16View media item 17View media item 18
wont let me view the pics for some reason.

not sure what's wrong. it's been uploaded to the "media section". u can click on my profile to view what media i've uploaded
I think you have to set "who" can actually view them. It's probably set to the only you but I like to set mine to members only. Give that a try, if that still doesn't work then YOU BROKE THE SITE. jk

i dunno

I think you have to set "who" can actually view them. It's probably set to the only you but I like to set mine to members only. Give that a try, if that still doesn't work then YOU BROKE THE SITE. jk

i dunno
got it! even making it "un-private" was tough to find.

goto "your albums"
click on the upper left check square on the album thumbnail
change privacy settings

got it! even making it "un-private" was tough to find.

goto "your albums"
click on the upper left check square on the album thumbnail
change privacy settings
Man that's gnarly, looks chewed up mate

no, those pics just show the innards of what the propeller is made of.

it looks like an eco-green compressed fiber thats a bit sturdier than chalk. i hope someone makes plastic aftermarket versions because these things break way too easily. rather have a wonky propeller w/ a crappy landing then a broken one and a crash landing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela