Haven't flown in a while, dont think lights are correct

Reaction score
I haven't flown my solo in a couple years probably. Got it out and upgraded to opensolo-4dev (downloaded yesterday). The install process went fine, exactly as documented. However...

I went out to a nearby field to level and compass calibrate. That seemed to go well, everything said it's ok. Solo links to controller, solex links in. I have not put on props yet so haven't attempted to fly it. Before I do, I'm concerned about the lights I'm seeing - did opensolo4-dev change the expected light patterns possibly? Is my memory just bad? Something damaged?

Here's what I'm seeing:
Drone and controller off.
Power on Solo and lights go through each step below with a few seconds at each step:

all lights green
1 (front) flashes green and 3 (front) flashes red and 2&4 (rear) flash orange or amber with an audio jingle.
1 (front) solid green and 3 (front) solid red, 2&4 (rear) solid orange or amber along with an audio jingle.
All 4 lights flash light blue.
1 (front) solid green and 3 (front) solid red, 2&4 (rear) solid orange or amber.
1 (front) solid green and 3 (front) solid red, 2&4 (rear) solid white (or maybe very light blue).
It will sit at the last line above "forever" - or at least a few minutes waiting. So I proceed to turn on the controller:

"waiting for solo" on controller
Solo alternately flashes 2&4 (rear) off and solid white (or maybe very light blue).
Controller begins to acquire satellites.
Controller gets 18+ satellites, says "hold fly to start motors" but 2&4 (rear) still alternating between off and solid white (or maybe very light blue). 1 (front) still solid green, 3 (front) still solid red.

If it helps, current config is the MRO gps and new updated RF shield. I have the standard gopro camera mount on (not the gimbal one), but no camera is mounted. Want to fly without it for a bit before taking up the camera.

I've searched and not found the specific pattern of lights above. I guess I thought that after initial powerup both front were solid green and both rear were solid white. I also don't remember the rear solid white ones alternating on/off when ready for takeoff.

I don't want to proceed further until someone in the know can say "yeah that's all good" or "dont take it up". The controller seems to think all is well, and everything I see in solex says aok....

hi don’t know about solex, i use sidepilot but after installing open solo 4 u can change the configuration of the lights before open solo 3 had that in side pilot but never worked, when i updated to 4 after everything was done my lights were different colors too and i was able to customize it on the app

What you're seeing is normal. The red and green up front is standard aviation lighting to help you with orientation left and right. The rear white flashing strobes are also to help with orientation and seeing it at a distance.

Being a private (VFR SEL) pilot, I'm used to that color arrangement. I just could have sworn that's not the way the solo lights presented. Thanks so much for the guidance folks. Moving forward again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc