Have updated the controller but NOT the copter

Reaction score
Hey everybody

I just tried to use my 3DR Solo after about 2 years of it in my cupboard and after not being able to download the 3DR app I downloaded Sidepilot.

I managed to update my controller with Sidepilot to Open Solo 4 firmware but not the drone itself (long story - couldn't remember the wifi password so reset the controller and I was forced to update it).

What are my options now to update the drone to Open Solo 4 as well? When turning on the drone and controller I can only see the controller hanging on the 'Waiting for Solo' screen. I can't get it to pair with the drone however hard I try (which probably makes sense, as they are on different firmware versions).

Any ideas on how to update the drone when my only controller can't connect to it?

Thanks a lot

After trying what feels like 100 times to reset the drone and press the pair button, my controller finally said something along the lines of 'firmware mismatch'. Thankfully it managed to connect to the controller which meant that I was able to update the drone to Open Solo 4.

Will update this thread once I'm done - as I wouldn't want anyone else to spend as long as I have done trying to get this thing working again!

Reactions: jonbrotherton
After trying what feels like 100 times to reset the drone and press the pair button, my controller finally said something along the lines of 'firmware mismatch'. Thankfully it managed to connect to the controller which meant that I was able to update the drone to Open Solo 4.

Will update this thread once I'm done - as I wouldn't want anyone else to spend as long as I have done trying to get this thing working again!
Hi RidingSolo,
I have the exact issue regarding password to connect my phone to the controller. My son-in-law grew tired of the Solo after not using it for some years. He forgot the password for the connectiion.

How did your issue work out? Are you using the Solex App? Where does the App look for the firmware files...in downloads, or can you direct it to a specific folder location. (I have downloaded the Open Solo firmware files, but don't know if I should be putting them in a folder.

You will have to remove the SD card in the bird. Then update copter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc