Hackers

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, not sure if this question has been asked yet. Has anyone had their Solo hacked into during flight? I've been doing a lot research on the possibility of persons with mischievous and / or malicious intentions hacking into flight control and crashing or stealing the aircraft. I understand that the WiFi can easily be broken into and the Mavlink program base is easy to manipulate. Any thoughts?
Also, since this aircraft now comes under FAA control, does it make it a federal crime if someone intentionally causes the aircraft to fall out of the control of the operator? How about if someone shoots down a UAV? Thanks

Reactions: Rex Barlow
I'm new to this forum, not sure if this question has been asked yet. Has anyone had their Solo hacked into during flight? I've been doing a lot research on the possibility of persons with mischievous and / or malicious intentions hacking into flight control and crashing or stealing the aircraft. I understand that the WiFi can easily be broken into and the Mavlink program base is easy to manipulate. Any thoughts?
Also, since this aircraft now comes under FAA control, does it make it a federal crime if someone intentionally causes the aircraft to fall out of the control of the operator? How about if someone shoots down a UAV? Thanks
Not sure about the hack but it is against federal law to take down any aircraft.

They would need your changed (you should change it before first flight) solo link password and time. And be within range. This problem is highly unlikely to the point it didn't factor into my purchase decision. I wouldn't be worried.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1) Connect Solo and Solo app to controller
2) Settings > Solo > Solo Name & Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi Password

well, one could run a deauth attack against solo and controller, but that would only disconnect one from another, clone MAC ADDR of one or another and let it "connect". Im not sure if rainbow tables are still used for passw cracking, but it COULD be done. Later on, offline, at home... with a few 10k packets aquired...
Question here is, WHY would anyone do this, and to me especially. Nothing to gain really...

And for what it's worth, a deauth attach on the Solo would not be a catostrophic problem. All it would do is see that it's lost connection to the controller, and RTH. There is no "taking over" as some hysterical blogs and facebook posts like to insinuate for the purpose of mouse clicks.

Oh sure, I totally forgot about RTH :) haha, makes my post kinda moot :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo