Green cube and USB connection.

Reaction score
Hi, trying to connect my GC to Mission Planner via USB port on the cube. Iv tried two ways. One is cube installed in motherboard but all that happens is some lights inside the cube come on. The other way Iv tried is with the cube only out of Solo. This gets me nothing at all. No indicators of life at all.
I’m running MP via Paraells 14 on a iMac. Now this way will work if I’m using WiFi. What I need to know is 1. Will Mission Planner “see” the USB connection? I ask I I don’t see USB as a option on the connection box drop down window. And is there a special USB cable I need to using ? What I would like to do is reload the firmware on the Cube as I think the current firmware is corrupt.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and trying to help me.

Hi, trying to connect my GC to Mission Planner via USB port on the cube. Iv tried two ways. One is cube installed in motherboard but all that happens is some lights inside the cube come on. The other way Iv tried is with the cube only out of Solo. This gets me nothing at all. No indicators of life at all.
I’m running MP via Paraells 14 on a iMac. Now this way will work if I’m using WiFi. What I need to know is 1. Will Mission Planner “see” the USB connection? I ask I I don’t see USB as a option on the connection box drop down window. And is there a special USB cable I need to using ? What I would like to do is reload the firmware on the Cube as I think the current firmware is corrupt.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and trying to help me.

I remember some old posts about this. Keep the cube plugged into the mainboard, but have the IMX6 board disconnected before connecting to the cube.

I remember some old posts about this. Keep the cube plugged into the mainboard, but have the IMX6 board disconnected before connecting to the cube.
What he said. The USB interface from the IMX sometimes interferes with the USB port on the cube since they're in parallel. The cube will not work at all when not in a carrier.

Well that didn’t work either. For some reason I can’t get Mission Planner to “see” the USB devise. Maybe its because it’s a virtual machine or who knows. I even went in and opened all firewalls up to see if that would help. Nope

If you're using a VM, IDK what may or may not work properly in your configuration. If you run MP on the local PC, with the drivers installed on the local PC, with a known good USB cable, connected by USB to the cube, with the IMX disconnected from the carrier, it will work.

When my daughter comes by I’m going to grab her laptop. It’s a windows machine. Now if I I have my controller on and hooked to WiFi Mission Planner works great but that’s no good for a possible corrupt cube. It won’t work to be gone with.

What are the symptoms and what led to it?

Hi, not sure what caused it. The cube was given to me and all the guy knew was that his solo would start to boot up then freeze Only other thing he said was that the lights on motor pods were stuck on green.

UPDATE:
Tried getting Mission Planner to “see” the USB on a windows laptop running Windows 10. Had the exact same results as before. MP didn’t detect a USB device in the drop down window next to the connect button. All I got wasUDP UDPCI,TCIP No USB . Now I question the cord I’m using to try and connect. It gets enough power to light up the cube and play the start up chimes but that’s where it stops. Are there certain types of USB cords I should be using?

Last edited:
Did you install the drivers? Also, the USB cable won't work if it is a charging only type cable.

Did you install the drivers? Also, the USB cable won't work if it is a charging only type cable.

No I didn’t install anything yet. I suspect I have just charge only cables. I tried to use my daughters Windows laptop with MP and had the same results no USB connection detected. So now I need to find out what type of USB cable will work get one and try again. I’m doing all this to learn how to do it. That way when I need to really do it to fix an issue I know what to do instead of learning as I go

Hi, not sure what caused it. The cube was given to me and all the guy knew was that his solo would start to boot up then freeze Only other thing he said was that the lights on motor pods were stuck on green.

I know this topic is a bit old but earlier this week I installed a voltage modded black cube (pixhawk 2.1) in my Solo. Initial startup and all motor pod lights were green. The Solo app showed no version of Autopilot, just a "-".
I used Solex to install the 3.6.3 firmware. After reboot and a few moments to install everything came up normally.

I don't know if you got your issue resolved but if you have access to Solex that might help avoid the USB issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo