GPS Vs Non GPS for New Pilots

FWIW I have used Tower on my Android device and the routes I program are executed flawlessly. One needs to ensure each waypoint's altitude is set properly, as they each have separate ones (it wont just stay at the previous waypoint's altitude) - In testing out APM Planner on OSX and it seems quite similar but I have not yet tried it with the Solo.

I am going to start testing out manual since GPS doesn't allow you to go over 400ft since 1.0.5 update (not that I am going to ever fly any higher than that, I actually stay much lower than 400) but I do not want the app making that decision for me or restricting me in any way.

Hey Kneel, You can change the altitude limit in the Solo App under Solo settings. After 400' you have a choice of unlimited so that the Solo is not limiting you at all.

Hey Reggie, Yeah, I don't care for the spring on the left stick much. Could probably go in and take it out, but haven't looked in there yet. Yes, the stick appears to be calibrated to 50%.Depending on the conditions it may slowly rise or descend when switched to stabilize mode.

Reactions: reggie
Hey Kneel, You can change the altitude limit in the Solo App under Solo settings. After 400' you have a choice of unlimited so that the Solo is not limiting you at all.
Yeah I have done it before, but now when I do it, it still stays at 400' even after hitting OK.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado