GPS upgrade and still having trouble

Reaction score
I installed the M89 gps card and the shield with some success. But it is still slow. To get gps lock and does not get near the satellites as others talk about. Is there something else I could do.

I installed the M89 gps card and the shield with some success. But it is still slow. To get gps lock and does not get near the satellites as others talk about. Is there something else I could do.
I had the same issue. Kept losing GPS lock. Make sure you do a compass calibration outside in an unobstructed area first and foremost, then you could put the GPS up on a mast sold from imp which would help, because the gps kept in solo is prone to interference from all of it's electronics, BUT, your compass would still be in solos leg which can still be pesky because of possible rebar in concrete before it takes off. Although, once it takes off you would be fine as long as you head GPS lock, and your GPS was up on a mast. In my opinion the best solution is the here GPS for solo, which has the GPS and compass in a single unit that fits on the Mast and keeps everything above where it should be. You can purchase the whole system from Jesters drones, or just purchase the GPS online and then purchase the Mast from Imp. Either way you purchase it, would work great with the here GPS on a mast. But I would highly recommend just selling your mro and get the Here GPS, that way you will have the most peace of mind. I had nothing but issues losing GPS lock with the stock GPS and with the Mro. Once I put the here GPS on, not one issue. Mind you, you should look on a uav map to see available satellites, as you can only get, UP TO what is available in the sky and according to conditions. Hope this helps. Frank.

Last edited:
  • I installed the M89 gps card and the shield with some success. But it is still slow. To get gps lock and does not get near the satellites as others talk about. Is there something else I could do.
I had the same issue. Kept losing GPS lock. You could put the GPS up on a mast sold from imp which would help, because the gps kept in solo is prone to interference from all of it's electronics, BUT, your compass would still be in solos leg which can still be pesky because of possible rebar in concrete before it takes off. Although, once it takes off you would be fine as long as you head GPS lock, and your GPS was up on a mast. In my opinion the best solution is the here GPS for solo, which has the GPS and compass in a single unit that fits on the Mast and keeps everything above where it should be. You can purchase the whole system from Jesters drones, or just purchase the GPS online and then purchase the Mast from Imp. Either way would work great with the here GPS on a mast. But I would highly recommend just selling your mro and get the Here GPS. I had nothing but issues losing
I had the same issue. Kept losing GPS lock. You could put the GPS up on a mast sold from imp which would help, because the gps kept in solo is prone to interference from all of it's electronics, BUT, your compass would still be in solos leg which can still be pesky because of possible rebar in concrete before it takes off. Although, once it takes off you would be fine as long as you head GPS lock, and your GPS was up on a mast. In my opinion the best solution is the here GPS for solo, which has the GPS and compass in a single unit that fits on the Mast and keeps everything above where it should be. You can purchase the whole system from Jesters drones, or just purchase the GPS online and then purchase the Mast from Imp. Either way would work great with the here GPS on a mast. But I would highly recommend just selling your mro and get the Here GPS. I had nothing but issues losing GPS lock with the stock GPS and with the Mro. Once I put the here GPS on, not one issue. Mind you, you should look on a uav map to see available satellites, as you can only get, UP TO what is available in the sky and according to conditions. Hope this helps. Frank.

GPS lock with the stock GPS and with the Mro. Once I put the here GPS on, not one issue. Mind you, you should look on a uav map to see available satellites, as you can only get, UP TO what is available in the sky and according to conditions. Hope this helps. Frank.

Thank you for your advice I think I will take a look at Here GPS. I am familiar with Jester but not with IMP
What is there contact info. I got into drones about 18 months ago but an accident had me out of commission for about 8 months so I am a novice and appreciate all your help

Thank you for your advice I think I will take a look at Here GPS. I am familiar with Jester but not with IMP
What is there contact info. I got into drones about 18 months ago but an accident had me out of commission for about 8 months so I am a novice and appreciate all your help
Just Google jesters drones or Imp. I'm not familiar with the m89 gps weather it uses stock solo compass or not. In any case, integrated compass and GPS up above on a mast is the best solution. And after you make any changes, always do a fresh compass, and level calibration. If you are a novice, I suggest jesters drones. He simplifies it for you with Great instructions. If not in stock, you can get the here on Amazon making Absolutely sure you order the here, FOR SOLO then the imp mast and appropriate cables. If you go the Amazon way, you can call me and I will help you through it step by step. Left my number in a pm to you for any other questions. Frank.

Last edited:
Pat Drone-
HERE is awesome- and if you do both green cube and HERE, you will be impressed; promise. The HERE from Jester’s is plug & play. Super easy and Paul has a couple videos to show installation procedures. Also Pedals to Paddles has made instructional videos to assist with Green Cube installation. Follow the instructions EXACTLY- It brings your Solo up to date with all of the incredible advancements that Solo Gurus have developed over the last year. Use the search bar and enter Green Cube- Pedals 2 Paddles even takes the time to explain the benefits of upgrading.

Reactions: Rotorboy2.4gh
Pat Drone-
HERE is awesome- and if you do both green cube and HERE, you will be impressed; promise. The HERE from Jester’s is plug & play. Super easy and Paul has a couple videos to show installation procedures. Also Pedals to Paddles has made instructional videos to assist with Green Cube installation. Follow the instructions EXACTLY- It brings your Solo up to date with all of the incredible advancements that Solo Gurus have developed over the last year. Use the search bar and enter Green Cube- Pedals 2 Paddles even takes the time to explain the benefits of upgrading.
Absolutely!!! I also did the Green cube as well as lumenier Motors. You don't necessarily need new Motors at this point but I just did because I can't leave anything alone. Pedals to Paddles is an Encyclopedia of knowledge!! By nature, he can only steer you in one direction-- the correct one!!! Frank

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig