GPS problems!

Okay I am planning on updating the props and probably the gps.

I did second test flight today. Went well, except when I held the land button it came down slowly and touched down. But right after that it stared to correct itself on the ground and it flipped over. :confused: I couldn't get the kill switch to work( maybe I don't know it) so I had to grab it and set it upright. Didn't know I would have this many problems from a brand new high tech drone. (Or maybe it's just the dumb pilot)

It sounds like the firmware hasn't been updated. Or possibly like the level calibration was poor.

You can always disarm by holding the left stick full down.

It sounds like the firmware hasn't been updated. Or possibly like the level calibration was poor.

You can always disarm by holding the left stick full down.
The solo is all up to date,I made sure of that. The first landing was on slightly uneven pavement but the second was on flat ground and it still did it.

I had one of mine do that as well back in the day. For what it's worth, I just watched a Yuneec Q500 do the same exact thing this afternoon!

I agree with trying to update the firmware.

My BB Refurb did the "loss gps" deal flying 250' just hovering in place. Yep had to land it in manual for the first time. I grounded it until mRo was installed and have not had any GPS related issues since. Flying in manual mode for me is not an easy thing and yes I need to practice this much much more. Just need to find a huge field with 4' of grass and go for it until better at it. My problem with manual flying is any wind mandates your pilot skills increase substantially especially getting it back on the ground without flipping it. (Solo expects no side to side movement during landing or it thinks it is still flying and it flipps over on touch down) I believe 85 bucks (shipped) is worth the piece of mind.

In my opionion back in the day when folks were throwing down big dollars on the SOLO 3dr should have sent everyone a mRo, new mounting/shield kit, hand signed appology letter (on fancy letter head), & a free t-shirt. :rolleyes::cool:

The solo is all up to date,I made sure of that. The first landing was on slightly uneven pavement but the second was on flat ground and it still did it.

You can load a "developmental " version (1.5.3) that really helps keep the copter from rolling over on landing. Go to the the Solo Developmental part of the forums for some more info.
Also always land on flat ground. Helps prevent roll overs.

Reactions: Raptor
You can load a "developmental " version (1.5.3) that really helps keep the copter from rolling over on landing. Go to the the Solo Developmental part of the forums for some more info.

Would "manual landing" also prevent this? After my tip over, I quit using auto land and never had that problem again.

Well I am the opposite as in "Fly" mode I always land it in auto. But again I believe this really goes to good GPS performance. Prior to the mRo upgrade my solo would slightly drift in hover as well during automated landing. Now it hovers like it is sitting on a shelf. You should recalibrate as well way away from any structures whatsoever.

**Please note I am brand new SOLO pilot as well so by no means am I giving advice just playing back what I have experienced. The only reason I am here in first place was because SOLO's became affordalbe for me to step up to a real quad. Prior to that I was flying China DJI knock off's for 300 bucks. I am way too cheap to loose fourteen 100 hundred dollar bills as I would need councling if that happened:eek: I think I have 385 invested in my SOLO end to end & if it was to zoom away or if I dirt plant it I am sure that would wreck my week.

Depends on your skill as a pilot. If you land on a flat surface with little or no drift you should never see a roll over. I usually land in manual or Fly mode but for fun sometimes just hit the Home button and watch the copter do all the work.

Reactions: Raptor
Depends on your skill as a pilot. If you land on a flat surface with little or no drift you should never see a roll over. I usually land in manual or Fly mode but for fun sometimes just hit the Home button and watch the copter do all the work.

Fair enough. I guess its a matter of trust for me. I always used auto land when I first got my Solo. I literally giggled every time it worked! After the crash, I'd rather be in as much control as possible with the GPS as a crutch to help me hover close to the ground.

I was flying non GPS drones for years before I got the Solo, so I'm used to fighting the wind. It's just so much nicer to have that crutch now! I have a platform that barely moves at all, one that deviates a foot or so, and the Solo that might drift a few feet. You couldn't take your eyes off any of my old drones for a second, so the Solo is a vast improvement!

Yepper SOLO night and day difference. I am not a qualified pilot thus I only fly in wilderness areas where no people/animals/houses/cars are present. I will say my confidence on the tech of bird is increasing and will be working on taking up a point and shoot nice camera for real photos that can be blown up. Also just Ebay'd the GP 4 and really hope to be able to control camera from solo (GP 3 Black No Such Luck) I will not take up Panasonic Glass until I have flown 5 consistant flights with NO GPS whatsoever. We will see if I can develop skills. I really wish the sim would allow you to set to manual. Flying SIM in assisted GPS mode is stupid. SIM should allow training of muscle memory and in GPS it flys itself.

Reactions: holditnowfilms
Yepper SOLO night and day difference. I am not a qualified pilot thus I only fly in wilderness areas where no people/animals/houses/cars are present. I will say my confidence on the tech of bird is increasing and will be working on taking up a point and shoot nice camera for real photos that can be blown up. Also just Ebay'd the GP 4 and really hope to be able to control camera from solo (GP 3 Black No Such Luck) I will not take up Panasonic Glass until I have flown 5 consistant flights with NO GPS whatsoever. We will see if I can develop skills. I really wish the sim would allow you to set to manual. Flying SIM in assisted GPS mode is stupid. SIM should allow training of muscle memory and in GPS it flys itself.

I'm ASSuming that you have the gimbal and will comment that the controller will work perfectly with the GPH4. Its an aspect of this platform has always worked flawlessly for me! I will suggest that you get ND filters if you want the best results from the camera. I'd give you mine but the best one went into the river with my GPH4B! Sniffle...

My BB Refurb did the "loss gps" deal flying 250' just hovering in place. Yep had to land it in manual for the first time. I grounded it until mRo was installed and have not had any GPS related issues since. Flying in manual mode for me is not an easy thing and yes I need to practice this much much more. Just need to find a huge field with 4' of grass and go for it until better at it. My problem with manual flying is any wind mandates your pilot skills increase substantially especially getting it back on the ground without flipping it. (Solo expects no side to side movement during landing or it thinks it is still flying and it flipps over on touch down) I believe 85 bucks (shipped) is worth the piece of mind.

In my opionion back in the day when folks were throwing down big dollars on the SOLO 3dr should have sent everyone a mRo, new mounting/shield kit, hand signed appology letter (on fancy letter head), & a free t-shirt. :rolleyes::cool:
Yes, my thoughts exactly!

Thank you

I'm ASSuming that you have the gimbal and will comment that the controller will work perfectly with the GPH4. Its an aspect of this platform has always worked flawlessly for me! I will suggest that you get ND filters if you want the best results from the camera. I'd give you mine but the best one went into the river with my GPH4B! Sniffle...
Yes sir I have the Gimble. I have the GOPRO Black 3 and never been able to control GP (Would be real happy with just start and stop recording) Additionally when recording with my GP3 Black in 2.7k I see everything fine through FPV however recording output is horrid. Almost all black with light green lines through it however file is not currupt and sound recorded perfectly. I posted this issue a while back and was told to try another SD card however I have an ultra san disk 64GB card. I did try reformat and firmware upgrade on GP and still no worky. I was going to try another card but thought who really cares as I can't control it from app anyway so just Ebay'd a GP4 black. I will be very depressed if same thing happens as now Gimbles are expensive. Better deal now and cheaper to buy the whole package deal with new gimble. We will see.... It would be really really awsome to control my camera from my app as I have been flying crappy drones for a long time and never had that ability.

Yes sir I have the Gimble. I have the GOPRO Black 3 and never been able to control GP (Would be real happy with just start and stop recording) Additionally when recording with my GP3 Black in 2.7k I see everything fine through FPV however recording output is horrid. Almost all black with light green lines through it however file is not currupt and sound recorded perfectly. I posted this issue a while back and was told to try another SD card however I have an ultra san disk 64GB card. I did try reformat and firmware upgrade on GP and still no worky. I was going to try another card but thought who really cares as I can't control it from app anyway so just Ebay'd a GP4 black. I will be very depressed if same thing happens as now Gimbles are expensive. Better deal now and cheaper to buy the whole package deal with new gimble. We will see.... It would be really really awsome to control my camera from my app as I have been flying crappy drones for a long time and never had that ability.

Yea that's a stupid awesome feature for sure! The 4 Black blows the 3 away in my opinion anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks