GPS Lock solution,,maybe.

Reaction score
Been taking off in a number of places, back yard, dry pavements mostly. A lot of takeoffs here in Central Florida from my back yard. Grass is usually short. GPS lock quick with plenty of Sat's. Yesterday went to my tak-off spot. Grass has grown, all the rain recently. About 1.5 " hig. Couldn't get GPS Lock, re-booted 3 times.

Tonight, same place, same time put SOLO on a wooden step stool, 11 Sat's, 22 seconds. Then put back in grass, couldn't get lock again. Back above grass. Ready to FLY. Try putting SOLO on a piece of cardboard, something solid instead of sitting in grass. Jus' sayin'

i was useing the cover from the molded box that the solo mcame in.
still had problems getting sats with solo sitting on top of cover.

Mine sat for about 3 minutes with 5 or 6 sats and HDOP too high for lock. Took off in manual and I was probably 30 feet high and got an instant lock with 13 sats immediately..

Mine sat for about 3 minutes with 5 or 6 sats and HDOP too high for lock. Took off in manual and I was probably 30 feet high and got an instant lock with 13 sats immediately..
I pretty much always do what you describe. Take off in Manual (or its equivalent depending on the drone), then fly up above nearby trees/buildings. Then switch to GPS (if I'm going to use it). I also land in manual (though not always). It's all just habit I guess, but it sure seems to eliminate GPS issues.

Been taking off in a number of places, back yard, dry pavements mostly. A lot of takeoffs here in Central Florida from my back yard. Grass is usually short. GPS lock quick with plenty of Sat's. Yesterday went to my tak-off spot. Grass has grown, all the rain recently. About 1.5 " hig. Couldn't get GPS Lock, re-booted 3 times.

Tonight, same place, same time put SOLO on a wooden step stool, 11 Sat's, 22 seconds. Then put back in grass, couldn't get lock again. Back above grass. Ready to FLY. Try putting SOLO on a piece of cardboard, something solid instead of sitting in grass. Jus' sayin'
According to my little app on my phone, the geomagnetic field is reported as "unsettled" today. Don't know if that would affect GPS, compass for sure.

This is one area that i haven't had problems. The front of my house takes a couple of minutes to get a good lock, that's the worst I've seen with the Solo. There were times my P2V+ wouldn't get a good lock at all from that location and I would just put it away. What's really strange is that I'll get lock in my house with the Solo.

Outside in an an open area I get lock very fast.

Sometimes I get a lock very quick, other days it takes a few minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks