GP4B does not auto start anymore

Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone before? I had the settings set to auto start GoPro when the Solo motors are started. It doesn't do that anymore. What's wrong or anything I need to check?

Has this happened to anyone before? I had the settings set to auto start GoPro when the Solo motors are started. It doesn't do that anymore. What's wrong or anything I need to check?
Now I have to manually push the power button on the Gopro while the Solo is hovering at eye level. That's the only way I could turn it on now. Its kinda awkward and scary! [emoji50]

If your GoPro updated its firmware when it connected via the GoPro app, it would have updated to v5.0.

v3.0 had the auto start feature. That was lost in v5.0, but you do get in-camera linear mode in the firmware - no fisheye , without a lense change.

If you had v3. 0 previously that's why it was working before. You can roll back easy enough if you check and have v5.0 and want to go back to 3.0 - search the threads on here

You takes your money etc.

It is in quite a few places, but I did a search too and it's quite tricky to find.

If you use 'firmware linear' in the search box the most relevant threads seem to come up - the 'linear' refers to the fish eye correction in V5.0.

One of the threads has a link to the v3.0 if you want to downgrade - sorry can't remember which one exactly though.

Now I have to manually push the power button on the Gopro while the Solo is hovering at eye level. That's the only way I could turn it on now. Its kinda awkward and scary! [emoji50]
Seriously? I'm running FW 5.0 and all I do is power on the gopro while the drone is sitting on the ground (motors not spinning of course) and then start recording via the solex app before take off. Why on earth would you wait until the drone is hovering in the air before turning on your gopro?

Reactions: Wetstone
Wow...I missed that reference in the original post.

Two phrases that should never be used together - 'hovering' and 'at eye level'.

Chalk that up as one lucky escape - I'd do just as Irishman says or downgrade to 3.0 to de-risk.

Yeah, I've never had a Gopro power off after take off. Wonder if you have a problem with your camera (I've had two go belly up on me at this stage and one no longer wants to record timelapse).

I have the same issue... if I turn the camera on before blades start spinning sometimes i block the drone and the looking for gps starts and then if it takes a couple of minutes camera turns off again...

Half the time it happens that while flying and recording camera freezes, and I lost visual, it only shows the last frame on screen.

This never happens if I use the camera off the drone.

Well you got the good guidance to move your GP back to 3.0 to restore auto on/off. In Green Cube operation even 3.0 will not auto-off the camera.

As to the linear FOV added to 5.0 all well and good until you say switch out of video to take a photo or make other changes to settings in flight. Linear FOV disappears. Using the Medium FOV is almost as good and what fisheye results is easily posted out.

If you search this topic you will quickly learn the conventional wisdom is 3.0 is the FW of choice for use with the Solo.

Well you got the good guidance to move your GP back to 3.0 to restore auto on/off. In Green Cube operation even 3.0 will not auto-off the camera.

As to the linear FOV added to 5.0 all well and good until you say switch out of video to take a photo or make other changes to settings in flight. Linear FOV disappears. Using the Medium FOV is almost as good and what fisheye results is easily posted out.

If you search this topic you will quickly learn the conventional wisdom is 3.0 is the FW of choice for use with the Solo.

Question. Have you checked in the Solo app on controller if the “Advanced “ box is selected? If it is deselect it. And one other thing.. you say you have to turn on GoPro while it’s in a hover? Is that correct? If true your going to get very badly injuries doing that very very badly. Try this to turn on The GP.... boot up the controller , then before you boot Solo turn in GP. Solo will boot up fine and the GP will most likely work just fine from the controllers screen controls, even start and stop when you hit the arm button on the controller. This works fine on my unit.

Question. Have you checked in the Solo app on controller if the “Advanced “ box is selected? If it is deselect it. And one other thing.. you say you have to turn on GoPro while it’s in a hover? Is that correct? If true your going to get very badly injuries doing that very very badly. Try this to turn on The GP.... boot up the controller , then before you boot Solo turn in GP. Solo will boot up fine and the GP will most likely work just fine from the controllers screen controls, even start and stop when you hit the arm button on the controller. This works fine on my unit.
Sal I wasn't the one who said they power on the GP in hover. I have no clue why anyone would think to do that. It's completely unnecessary. If the GP doesn't cycle on with the Solo boot up I simply turn it on before I arm to fly. Same goes for shut down after flight. After landing and Solo power down if the GP is still on I shut it off.

Sorry Mike my bad. I was reading that while very tired and my contacts out. I’ll go back and see what it really says instead of what my tired blind head thinks it said.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc