GoPro turns off after 3-4 minutes of flying

Reaction score
I've been having a frustrating problem. I send solo up with a fully charged gopro, turn it on before it leaves with the video on my screen, and then about 3 or 4 minutes into my flight, the screen goes blank. Still says it's recording, but the camera turns off. I return solo to home, only to find the camera off. I wiggle the cable, turn it back on, and it usually keeps recording. Is this a problem with the cable, camera or solo/app?

I have a Hero4 Black, recently purchased, and I believe my firmware is up to date on both (definitely on Solo it is).

Thanks for the help.
m@

Welcome MattO. Make sure your camera is up to date as far as firmware. You might also try removing your GoPro battery for a minute, and then reinstalling it. I have a 3+ Black, and it worked for me awhile back. Good luck, and safe flying.

I had the same issue. Took it out of solo and it still went off. Factory reset fixed the issue. Hero 3+ black.

Same issue with the 4 black. Auto off is disabled in the gopro settings. Only started having this problem with the 2.0 firmware and recieved a new gimbal. Feel like I've tried everything but the problem only arrises when it's hooked to the Solo. When it's not hooked up to Solo, there isn't an issue. So I'm not sure if it's the app or the gimbal causing the issue but it's one or the other. I've reinstalled the app with no success and next thing I'm going to try is doing a factory reset on the Solo and reinstalling 2.0

Have you tried "deleting / formatting" the SD card from the GoPro itself? I had a problem with my Hero 3 Black that if I used Windows to delete a file on the SD card, the camera would run for about 5 - 15 seconds on future recordings and then it would shut off. When I used the GoPro (not the App) to format the SD card, it worked fine.

Also, make sure the cable is fully into the GoPro, I've had mine feel in but not be "clicked". It's made me lose the video obviously -- but might be annoying the camera to shut off too?

I am having the same problem. Took out and reinstall the battery. Also found out to press delete on my camera to reset files. Save your videos and reset files. This worked for me. Get a good sd card, 10 or better high speed.

Did anyone come up with more solutions on this? I have GoPro 3+ Silver. Everything is up to date. Recently the GoPro will just cycle on and off in the gimbal once the controller is connected. If I don't connect the controller or the app, it stays on. Any suggestions?

Wondering if anyone has had luck with buying refurbished GoPros to use with Solo? My Hero 4 worked when I first got it but a year later it is now freezing. I've updated firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled batteries, reformatted SD card and purchased one of the recommended SD cards on GoPro website and nothing has worked.

They tend to freeze ,they have weak main boards that freeze when they get hot you can get a replacement on eBay for about 75 buckaroos and do it yourself or send it in to a repair shop for about 160 ,I’ve never been impressed with gopro and hope someone makes a gimble that’s takes other cameras

Reactions: skyhax

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44