GoPro records wavey lines in Video

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and have little experience with the SOLO.
I put a call into 3DR and they are working on this issue but wanted to see if anyone in this community is experiencing this.

I have recorded several videos using a GoPro 4 silver with the SOLO and some of the clips when the SOLO and the GoPro are facing the sun at certain angles have wavey lines through it. It looks as though there may be vibrations though the SOLO and Gimbal and only at certain angles with the sun hitting the GoPro lens does the recording come out with these wavey lines.

Here is a link to the uploaded videos via dropbox -
Dropbox - Video for 3DR SOLO Troubleshoot

Let me know if you may have a solution or know the source of this issue i.e, Gimbal, Props (intact), GoPro etc.

Thank you.
Best,
Chris

I am new to this forum and have little experience with the SOLO.
I put a call into 3DR and they are working on this issue but wanted to see if anyone in this community is experiencing this.

I have recorded several videos using a GoPro 4 silver with the SOLO and some of the clips when the SOLO and the GoPro are facing the sun at certain angles have wavey lines through it. It looks as though there may be vibrations though the SOLO and Gimbal and only at certain angles with the sun hitting the GoPro lens does the recording come out with these wavey lines.

Here is a link to the uploaded videos via dropbox -
Dropbox - Video for 3DR SOLO Troubleshoot

Let me know if you may have a solution or know the source of this issue i.e, Gimbal, Props (intact), GoPro etc.

Thank you.
Best,
Chris
ND Filter is a must.. Also, flying backwards away from a shot will reduce or eliminate.. Avoid 'look-ups' with the camera. It's called JELLO

Hope that helps - Cheers.

Okay great, Thank you CirrusPilot. So the filter shouldn't throw off the gimbal's balance/functioning im assuming?

are you using the sun shade that came with the gimbal? Don't look like jello to me looks like direct sunlight hitting the lens and the lines are "shadows" from the props.
try angling the camera down a bit more with the sun shade on it should help.

The sun shade eliminates the wavy lines in my videos, but I'm interested in a ND filter. Thought it would throw the gimbal off, good to know thanks CirrusPilot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

are you using the sun shade that came with the gimbal? Don't look like jello to me looks like direct sunlight hitting the lens and the lines are "shadows" from the props.
try angling the camera down a bit more with the sun shade on it should help.
Ditto! I had the same problem and solved it with a ND filter in place of the sun shade. Like Mudman said, I always film with the gimbal tilted down to 85 deg or more depending on the shot. That helps keep the props out of the shot.

You can get a 3 or 6 pack of PolarPro filters on Amazon for $49.99 or $99.99. I got the 6 pack and they are a big improvement over no filter.

Reactions: CirrusPilot
Make sure your screws are always tight on your gimbal. I traveled to another location to film and had some small jello effect. I checked my gimbal and one screw had vibrated loose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M