GoPro losing connectivity...

Reaction score
Got my Solo Friday. My first impression is a good one. From the quality of the back pack to the ease of setup. Not new to the quadcopter world as I have a Q500 as well as a P3. I am however new to the GoPro world. I updated the software last night to eliminate that as a problem but I am losing connection with the camera. Come back and land and it connects. Take back off and within seconds I lose it again. Any suggestions? Is this a camera concern or a Solo concern? Any input will be appreciated. That aside... This is one sexy machine!!

Got my Solo Friday. My first impression is a good one. From the quality of the back pack to the ease of setup. Not new to the quadcopter world as I have a Q500 as well as a P3. I am however new to the GoPro world. I updated the software last night to eliminate that as a problem but I am losing connection with the camera. Come back and land and it connects. Take back off and within seconds I lose it again. Any suggestions? Is this a camera concern or a Solo concern? Any input will be appreciated. That aside... This is one sexy machine!!
Welcome Jimmer. Since you have video on the ground, that is generally an HDMI cable problem. You may need to check the connection at both ends on the Solo. Also check some of the previous posts/solutions here..Search Results for Query: no video | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

Reactions: Jimmer
Just to be clear you are using the solo app and not the GoPro app. GoPro wifi is off and not being used for the video feed. I have had trouble with the feed when shooting at a high res and moving the solo fast.

Just to be clear you are using the solo app and not the GoPro app. GoPro wifi is off and not being used for the video feed. I have had trouble with the feed when shooting at a high res and moving the solo fast.
Yes, I am using the Solo app.

Quick update. Video loss was the gimbal. Hook GoPro directly to the internal cable and video becomes stable again. 3dr won't ship a replacement without the defective gimbal being returned. Going to be gone 3 weeks with shipping. Long and short of it... First 5 days of owning a Solo have sucked. Trust it won't get any worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44