GoPro lays off 7% of staff...

that is what they said about 3D
it is dying a slow death in the home.
There will be a place for it, but the masses are not going to strap on head gear to watch friends after dinner

Here is another reason I hope 3DR does not go down that road.
if Yuneek and DJI have anything on 3DR it is not in their flight control or vehicle. it is in the camera.

Selling out to just VR 360 format would be a huge mistake. Now Hopefully they will have vendors do both, in fact I am hoping Nikon will realize like Black Magic that there is a market for a drone sized 4K camera

Look what all that talk did for Gopros stock this very evening

@pyrate I'm not sure. VR is going to be huge and it's just barely starting.

And 2016 is FINALLY going to be the year for Linux on the desktop! :D

VR is cool, and there's finally starting to be some decent consumer headsets on the market, but I just don't see much use outside games. Not like everyone and their uncle are going to drop $300-$600 on headsets to watch 360 degree videos on YouTube.

As for GoPro, yea, it's a shame. I've been happy with the two cameras I have, but it does seem like they should have improved them more for price. The Session seems like a disaster for them - lower image quality and that absurd initial price. It's a shame, because a small camera like that seems like a perfect fit for drones, but it should cost $150-$200 tops.

Reactions: Quality Control
Here is another reason I hope 3DR does not go down that road.
if Yuneek and DJI have anything on 3DR it is not in their flight control or vehicle. it is in the camera.

Selling out to just VR 360 format would be a huge mistake. Now Hopefully they will have vendors do both, in fact I am hoping Nikon will realize like Black Magic that there is a market for a drone sized 4K camera

Look what all that talk did for Gopros stock this very evening

I agree, I believe 3DR needs to remain as a vehicle company and not a camera company. there are TONS of companies that make TONS of money using 3rd (no pun intended) party equipment.

3DR has done an amazing job with the pixhawk, and now Solo with pixhawk2 is in my mind amazing. Far beyond any other flight controller out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44