GoPro is axing budget Hero line, confirms 'connected' Hero5...

It means if you own a hero + 3 or 4, black or silver.....you're screwed.

No it means there are new products and your older ones are not as relevant as they used to be
Happens every day with all kinds of tech
the sun will rise tomorrow and the birds will sing as normal

But like any discontinued product, updates will become nonexistent to the point the product becomes useless.

But the birdies will still sing tomorrow

You see I dont get that
I have a 3 Black, and up until recently a 2
They still work, and i still use them. They did not die because new ones came out.

Now I did have to buy a 4 Black to enjoy all the goodies, and I hear you, it would have been nice if my 3 Black had worked. But it didn't
so now I use it for B roll, and other mounts. and shooting multi camera will take your production value to the next level immediately

Wanna buy my 3 + black? I bought the 4 black and will probably use the 3 on my quad but other than that it'll just collect dust. And now I'll probably have to buy the 5.

That is the way it is in our consumer driven world..
As soon as we get something new, we feel like the old one should just collect dust

I will get a 5 too
Then my 3 will become a dedicated Dash Cam, and my 4 will go to B roll

I am not going to let something collect dust just because a new one is out, not if I can find a use for it.
and no I dont want your 3+ never owned one of the + models, always felt them to be a compromise

Since I am just a humble hobbyist, and my 3+ Black is working fine, I will just keep using it until the updates no longer support it. I would love to go out and get the latest and greatest, but I love the peace at home with my wife more....:D

I can certainly understand that.
just try not setting it down, when you get the new one, find a cheap tripod and set that thing up to catch other action, or turn it into a dash cam, don't just let a great camera collect dust

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44