GoPro Hero 4 Silver update help

Reaction score
Hey guys, just got my gimbal and after all the updates, the last update I needed was the Hero4 silver update and for some reason, I couldn't update. Long story short after, being on the phone with GoPro for about 1.5 hours, they figured out that the problem lay on their end with the wrong firmware going out (system wide). Can anyone post or send me the latest firmware update for the Hero 4 silver edition (HD4.01.03.00.00) updated zip file? What I'm seeing on my end is the HD3 file. Earlier, there wasn't even an HD file to begin with.

BTW, I did try to update via wifi but the update keeps failing. Looks like its a manual update for me, or I wait a few days for GoPro to fix things on their end, waited for the gimbal this long, I just can't wait anymore...lol. :eek:

TIA,
Chris

It might be wise to wait. Some of us with the GP3+ Silver updated and now can't see streaming video.
Still waiting for GP to get back with a fix.

Hey guys, just got my gimbal and after all the updates, the last update I needed was the Hero4 silver update and for some reason, I couldn't update. Long story short after, being on the phone with GoPro for about 1.5 hours, they figured out that the problem lay on their end with the wrong firmware going out (system wide). Can anyone post or send me the latest firmware update for the Hero 4 silver edition (HD4.01.03.00.00) updated zip file? What I'm seeing on my end is the HD3 file. Earlier, there wasn't even an HD file to begin with.

BTW, I did try to update via wifi but the update keeps failing. Looks like its a manual update for me, or I wait a few days for GoPro to fix things on their end, waited for the gimbal this long, I just can't wait anymore...lol. :eek:

TIA,
Chris
Manual update is the way to do it. Had to do the same with mine. Shouldn't have a problem after that with the GP4

Yeah been trying with the manual update but GPs update files aren't working right now, or are incorrect. Hopefully by Monday they will have that fixed.

Manual update is the way to do it. Had to do the same with mine. Shouldn't have a problem after that with the GP4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44