GoPro Firmware 4.0 for GP Hero Black Causing Issues

Reaction score
Updated from 3.0 to the new 4.0 and here is a list of the features you lose and issues that have risen for me. I would reccomend leaving your GoPro at the 3.XXX firmware to make use of all the features that solo and GoPro worked out. It appears GP 4.0 has issues talking with Solo. I would like to go back to GoPro 3.XX and if anybody has that firmware update please post a link, it would be much appreciated.

1: GoPro will not turn on when you turn on Solo

2: Upon 2.7K video and 4K video the viewing window zooms upon starting record for video.

3: Lost all control of exposure for video, must be in ProTunes to change but very intermittent 95% of time no exposure control.

4: 2.7K video at 60fps are all over exposed at +2 or more and I cannot bring it down to normal levels.

I got a lot of the issues to clear themselves by going into the GoPro settings on the Hero 4 black and resetting the camera, there is a "Reset" in the settings menu. I regained exposure control under protune which was my main concern. Still does not cut on the camera when Solo turns on but will turn it off. Best bet is to leave Firmware 3.XX on your GoPro if flying a Solo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks