GoPro Connectivity Issues

Shouldn't be a risk at all. The app is not needed to fly Solo. You can always RTH or fly manually.
That's true, as long as the control is fine, I think I'm just being a little paranoid.

One thing I noticed, when you mount the GoPro into the frame, be sure the front of the GoPro is flush with the frame.

This will help to ensure the HDMI cable will fit cleanly into the hole in the side of the frame.

I have received my solo yesterday from DSLRPros, one of the first in Italy. My happiness died when, after charging and updating, i was ready to fly. I have no video live fron my hero4 (the one I used with P2 amd lightbridge). I went all through the forum I know and this seemd to give some answer. Tryed all the "turn on" combination with no result, checked and duble checked hdmi connector, tryed different camera resolution (3dr suggest 1080-60fps and my go pro has 1080 -50, I suppose is the same). What else can I try?

I have received my solo yesterday from DSLRPros, one of the first in Italy. My happiness died when, after charging and updating, i was ready to fly. I have no video live fron my hero4 (the one I used with P2 amd lightbridge). I went all through the forum I know and this seemd to give some answer. Tryed all the "turn on" combination with no result, checked and duble checked hdmi connector, tryed different camera resolution (3dr suggest 1080-60fps and my go pro has 1080 -50, I suppose is the same). What else can I try?
You had your go pro connected , on, and in video mode before powering on solo?
I wrote a couple times how I fixed this same problem and the tip came from another user on this board, I just reposted how I did it earlier in this thread.
Make sure the cable is also in properly. Good luck!

Also make sure app is completely closed out. Even if you restart your device. Force close the app, swipe up in iPhone, then open app once you are searching for satellites and click flight school before fly. This last part probably is not necessary, but a couple times I was connected to solo and tried to open flight school and it said "Not connected to Internet" even though I was on 4G. I force closed app and reopened. Flight school loaded and then I went back to FLY and 5 seconds later my feed popped up on my device.

Everything is working as it should for me. But have one question. When recording to the IPhone camera roll all I get is video no audio.

Is it supposed to have audio or am I missing the audio ?

Everything is working as it should for me. But have one question. When recording to the IPhone camera roll all I get is video no audio.

Is it supposed to have audio or am I missing the audio ?
HDMI out on the GoPro is video only. So nothing to record.

Mauro, I believe i read that the GoPro must be set to NTSC to get video out to the app. Have a look and see if that solves the problem. Happy flyiing.

Reactions: Mauro Giamello
Solo & GoPro video link solved :)
I received my Solo two days ago, and tried my Hero 3 / Hero 3+ / iPhone / iPad Air with all kinds of settings and sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. I read most of the posts regarding GoPro and No Video, with no success, then went on with trial and error and found the following:
if you bought your Solo from North America, then GoPro need to be in NTSC. All video resolutions and FOV, frame settings combinations will work.

if you set it to PAL, then nothing will work.

if you set GoPro to NTSC and still no video, then:
1) quit the Solo app (in iOS you need to double tap on home button and swipe up to quit the app)
2) switch off GoPro and ON again
3) launch Solo App

of course for the above to work you need to check for the following:
1) Solo and Controller needs to be on and connected to each other
2) your device need to be connected to Solo Link via WiFi
3) your GoPro wireless needs to be off

remember to switch off OSD in GoPro so you don't get GoPro settings on top of the video (unless you want it), also once you are in the app, all the GoPro menu settings will show up on your iOS which makes it a lot easier to change settings for the GoPro.

hope the above help

Reactions: Mauro Giamello
Anyone able to connect two iOS devices at same time, one for follow me, the other for safety control?
Have not been successful in doing this, as second device can connect to wifi, but does not stream the video to solo app.
thanks

I discovered that if the FoPro is not pushed fully into the frame, the HDMI cable does not fully seat and connect. Even a millimeter difference will make a bad connection

Anyone able to connect two iOS devices at same time, one for follow me, the other for safety control?
Have not been successful in doing this, as second device can connect to wifi, but does not stream the video to solo app.
thanks
I am thinking the first device to connect will be the one that will stream the video. I've tried and it will only go to one device, at least in my experience.

I got my gopro hero 4 black to connect and show live feed, however, the video feed is choppy. It's also choppy in when I play back the recorded videos on my PC. I tried recording other videos on my gopro (not connected to solo) and it works fine. Any ideas? I'm using the 1080p 60fps wide mode. Thanks.

Having trouble connecting Gopro 3 Black. No connection for Solo. Does gopro 3 work? I know there are some limitations with the 3.

Most likely going to sell gopro 3 and get the 3+ or 4.

I just need it for filming in 1080p, any recommendations which gopro to get? Does the brand new one also work with solo?

Nice to ear about this PAL vs NTSC difference not mentioned inside the manual. I am away from home now but i'll che k it in 10 days. That means that if you try to use PAL you don' t see live video? True?
Thank you guys

Just tested. That makes the difference!!!!!
Next question now how to say solo to go for pal instead ntsc?
I will try to write to 3dr but since I had no reply to 3 email on the argument, this forum is, at the moment, the best source of tips.
Thank you guys

I had the same issue do this exactly:

The sequence is as follows:

everything off
turn on Solo
turn on controller
turn on iPad
link wifi between iPad and controller
open app to "Fly School" main screen
attach Solo HDMI to Gopro
turn on gopro in video mode
press "Fly" on app

And if I may humbly add, before doing the above, "turn off OSD". Nothing worked for me until I made that happen.

I spoke tooearly. This is 3dr reply
Hi Mauro,

Thank you for contacting Tech Support, hope you are having a great day!

At the moment the Set Up for Live Feed is on in NTSC but let me check if once the gimbal is out, the users will be able to switch between both.

Thank you!
Ludwing M.
3D Robotics Tech Support

I had the same issue do this exactly:

The sequence is as follows:

everything off
turn on Solo
turn on controller
turn on iPad
link wifi between iPad and controller
open app to "Fly School" main screen
attach Solo HDMI to Gopro
turn on gopro in video mode
press "Fly" on app
Thought I tried all combos but this one I thouht i would try just for giggles and worked great! Thanks... had just gotten my solo back from rma for no live feed, bad cable, and I was getting frustrated thinking it still wasn't fixed!

Every time I didn't get a video feed, I have fixed it by closing the app (double-tap home, swipe up) and restarting.

I never turn things on in any particular order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986