GoPro Connectivity Issues

Dirby for your phone to communicate with the Solo it needs to connect via WiFi. The same type of Wifi you would get at the local coffee shop or home with your phone or notebook computer.

The solo acts as a hotspot. So on your phone you need to scan for WiFi networks. When you do you will see the Solo. You connect to that.

I don't have a solo yet so cant give you any more info than that. But before they will talk, they need to be connected.

You will not get any telemetry or video without the WiFi connection.
yes it was conected to solo wifi .solo link

It shouldnt have been when you were on airplane mode. I would restart your phone, and go through the steps and reconnect. If you do not get telemetry or video it has to be something with the connection or unit. The video cable to the GoPro wont stop telemetry.

It shouldnt have been when you were on airplane mode. I would restart your phone, and go through the steps and reconnect. If you do not get telemetry or video it has to be something with the connection or unit. The video cable to the GoPro wont stop telemetry.
i think there might be somthing wrong with the cable from the solo to the camera.

i flew the solo yesterday with the airplane mode on .
not a bit of problems.

Well that I don't understand. What kind of phone?

As far as cable from the camera you are not getting telemetry either?? That does not come from that cable.

Same fine I have. But airplane mode shuts off my Wifi, Bluetooth and cellular radio.

problem is in the cable.
i tried the camera on another cable and it worked like an old buick.

Dirby for your phone to communicate with the Solo it needs to connect via WiFi. The same type of Wifi you would get at the local coffee shop or home with your phone or notebook computer.

The solo acts as a hotspot. So on your phone you need to scan for WiFi networks. When you do you will see the Solo. You connect to that.

I don't have a solo yet so cant give you any more info than that. But before they will talk, they need to be connected.

You will not get any telemetry or video without the WiFi connection.
And you have to enter the password the first time you connect to the Solo's wifi.

i have the gopro hero black.
havong the same problem.
i did just as you said and it didn't work this is what i got.

Have you resolved your issues...well, if not first you have to do is turn on your Solo..then wait until a full minute to reboot then turn on your go pro on board the copter. after you done that turn on your remote and go to your tablet or phone and connect to solo from your tablet/phone thru wifi and then go to solo app.

Hope that helps you!

Thanks to this thread, the gopro started giving me live stream today. Thank you for the many trouble shooting tips. One stupid question: how do you get rid of the menu information on the live feed. For example, it records the settings like battery status, video mode, wifi off etc on my screen capture and I obviously don't want this. I have a GPHero3+ and I can't find in the menu how to turn this off. Thanks so much.Screen Shot 2015-06-27 at 3.03.02 PM.jpg

The setting is in the camera for OSD which can be turned off.

Last edited:
I had the same issue do this exactly:

The sequence is as follows:

everything off
turn on Solo
turn on controller
turn on iPad
link wifi between iPad and controller
open app to "Fly School" main screen
attach Solo HDMI to Gopro
turn on gopro in video mode
press "Fly" on app

I had the same issue today and found your post. This solved my issue. So I can finally have a proper maiden flight tomorrow.
I was really worried I would have to send it back though.

i did the update right out of the box. Everything worked fine until I did the second update and now my go pro will not connect to my I phone 6. I have tried everything listed on the thread multiple times with no luck. Any more ideas?

Try this exactly and see how it works:
Connect gopro to cable and fit in mount. Turn gopro on.
Turn solo on.
Turn remote control on after initial solo chimes.
Open iphone settings to connect to solo wifi. Make sure you receive the check that it is fully connected.

Only then open the app (and if it was in your recently used apps, swipe up to fully close it.)
Then with app open look to see your controller says app connected. At this point I havent tapped on fly or flight school.
I tap flight school just to make sure it loads the videos and is providing 4G signal
Then I go back and tap on FLY.
I waited about 4 seconds and then my feed popped up ready to go.
I'm using a jailbroken iphone 6 plus on ios 8.1 and have not had any app issues yet.

Same fine I have. But airplane mode shuts off my Wifi, Bluetooth and cellular radio.

In iOS in airplane mode you can turn on just WiFi and still remain in Airplane mode.

Airplane Mode on=Everything is off

Turn on Wifi=Remains in airplane mode but wifi is on

if you are using an iPhone -- use Do Not Disturb mode and go into the settings to make sure no messages, no calls, etc come through regardless of who it is, and how many times they may call.
If the WiFi disconnects in airplane mode, it doesn't always auto-connect like it would regularly, so I'm not about to risk that flying a quad.

if the WiFi disconnects in airplane mode, it doesn't always auto-connect like it would regularly, so I'm not about to risk that flying a quad.
Shouldn't be a risk at all. The app is not needed to fly Solo. You can always RTH or fly manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000