Gopro Black 4 tips

JLJ

Reaction score
Hi

I thought it would be very helpful for all of us guys that are just getting into this if the members with a lot of experience using gopros could give us tips here on how to use it, best settings, resolutions, etc?

Thank You for any help.

Reactions: prowler9
Hi

I thought it would be very helpful for all of us guys that are just getting into this if the members with a lot of experience using gopros could give us tips here on how to use it, best settings, resolutions, etc?

Thank You for any help.

Here is a good article to start with. I don't 100% agree with everything here, but it's a start.

http://cineclast.com/2015/01/04/best-settings-for-perfect-drone-footage-me-thinks/

If you are going to be color grading or color correcting in post using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut, then use Protune and Flat color. ISO 400 and sharpeness turned down.

If you are not going to color grade or color correct, then DO NOT use Protune and DO use GoPro Color.

And you will almost never want to turn the spot meter on. Your exposure will shift all over the place as your camera sweeps across darker and lighter terrain.

Erik, gopro color comes on from factory or it is dissable by default. Haven't seen that option, will have to look at the menu to find out wherr it is. I will also dissable spot meter.

Thank You for your input

Here is a good article to start with. I don't 100% agree with everything here, but it's a start.

http://cineclast.com/2015/01/04/best-settings-for-perfect-drone-footage-me-thinks/

If you are going to be color grading or color correcting in post using Adobe Premiere or Final Cut, then use Protune and Flat color. ISO 400 and sharpeness turned down.

If you are not going to color grade or color correct, then DO NOT use Protune and DO use GoPro Color.

And you will almost never want to turn the spot meter on. Your exposure will shift all over the place as your camera sweeps across darker and lighter terrain.

Erik, gopro color comes on from factory or it is dissable by default. Haven't seen that option, will have to look at the menu to find out wherr it is. I will also dissable spot meter.

Thank You for your input
The default is GOPro color with Protune off.

Another member posted some great tips for the gopro sometime ago, I read it and now can't find that post.

Another member posted some great tips for the gopro sometime ago, I read it and now can't find that post.
GoPros website is actually a great source of tips and info. Not so much that's specific to aerial video, but still a great resource.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks