GoPro 3+ Silver Update, 3DR Support, My Gimbal

Reaction score
t got my gimbal from BB last Wednesday, installed and GoPro 3+ Silverand everything seemed fine until i updated the GoPro software to version 03.02. After updating I lost video streaming. Called 3DR support next morning and they said problem with GoPro update. The tech said they had fixed it a few hours earlier and they had just pushed out update. I fooled with trying to do an update on Thursday. The problem still not fixed. Friday morning called 3DR again. This time the tech said we should start with a clean slate. So we spent hours redoing the pairing, downloads, etc. Nothing worked. Then he tells me there is no fix for the problem with the 3+Silver. So I called the 3DR tech guy back who informed of the fix from the before. He tells me he made a mistake. The fix was for an android device not iOS. He told me could be several weeks for problem to be solved for iOS. At that tine my options were wait for the fix or get a GoPro 4. After reading several posts here on this forum last night, it seemed that even if a fix for the video were available the GP3+, GP3+ would have have minimal functionality. So I decide late last night to sell the 3+ Silver and take the loss. I bought the 3+ Silver on July 30 so I figured BB wouldn't allow a return. Long story short, i ran by BB just to "test the waters." I explained the situation to BB customer service rep. Surprise... she says go get the camera you need and we'll exchange it. Got full credit for the 3+ silver applied to the GP4 silver and left happy.
Kudos to BB for the good service
The GP 4 Silver seems to work well although I have no idea exactly what functions it is supposed to have right now and what its supposed to have in the future. I hope I hvae the right cam now

Gef7

I have the same problem with my GP 3+ not showing video on my iPhone 6 with iOS9.

Received the gimbal today and was struggling getting it to work. Halfway through I saw that GoPro just updated their app to 2.10. Tried it but still no-go.

The GP 3+ powers on when powering up the solo. In fact, you can't turn it off unless you pull the battery on the GoPro??

Will try again tomorrow.

Why can't GP and DR get their acts together?
Is this a problem with the GoPro 3+ only and not the GP 4??

I struggled two and s half days last week trying to get GP 3+ silver to work with my new gimbal. The problem had its origin in a GP update. Things seem to change hour by hour with 3dr support. Anyway, after the third day I decided to end the misery and get a GP.4 silver. I had purchased the Solo, GP and gimbal at Best Buy. Although I was way past the return window at BB (July 30) I took the 3+ to BB, explained the situation and they said no problem, you can exchange it. So I got a 4 silver. BB gave me full credit for the 3+ so I got a camera that works for $100 extra and I'm getting a $50 gift card. My advice is to get rid of the 3+(return, sell or whatever) and get a GP 4 silver/black . They work. My opinion is the problems with the3+ are only going to get worse.

I struggled two and s half days last week trying to get GP 3+ silver to work with my new gimbal. The problem had its origin in a GP update. Things seem to change hour by hour with 3dr support. Anyway, after the third day I decided to end the misery and get a GP.4 silver. I had purchased the Solo, GP and gimbal at Best Buy. Although I was way past the return window at BB (July 30) I took the 3+ to BB, explained the situation and they said no problem, you can exchange it. So I got a 4 silver. BB gave me full credit for the 3+ so I got a camera that works for $100 extra and I'm getting a $50 gift card. My advice is to get rid of the 3+(return, sell or whatever) and get a GP 4 silver/black . They work. My opinion is the problems with the3+ are only going to get worse.

strange bc video should be straight out of the mini HDMI cable and shouldn't be dependent on the gopro model....

I ran into the same problem with my GP3+Silver. Spoke with 3DR tech who gave me a zipped file to update (or revert back to 2.0v) the GP with and no matter what I did the update did not work, even went as far as formatting the sd card. So finally I renamed the folder (to "Update") removing it out of the zip extension file name, loaded the sd card and all of a sudden it started updating (or reverting back to v2.0). Started the solo as I normally would and it worked and it's still working fine. My only gripe is being able to take pics, because all else is GTG. Hope this helps out

Still waiting for GoPro to admit the problem with their GP3+ update.
Today I tried a GP4B and got streaming video on my iPhone.

Still waiting for GoPro to admit the problem with their GP3+ update.
Today I tried a GP4B and got streaming video on my iPhone.

I agree!! This is BS, get it together 3DR and Go Pro......I have to purchase a H4 Silver or Black? Really. My H3+ Silver should work with this system! Geez!!?

Reactions: Stu
Is there a firmware update for the 3+ silver?

As far as what I have been told and experience. This camera the 3+ Silver will never be compatible for SOLO ever. 3DR blames GoPro and says it's their problem and GoPro blames 3DR. I have spoke with both companies and they stated that Solo and GP3+Silver will never work together. I purchased my Solo and GP3+Silver together and have never had a fully functional, properly working unit. I am about 90 percent sure I will sell my Solo and GP camera and cut my losses!!

I have the 3+ Black edition and after I installed the latest update, I have had no issues with my gimbal, FPV, or full camera control on the controller.
My understanding is that the 3+ must be the black edition to have full remote GoPro functionality.

I have the 3+ Black edition and after I installed the latest update, I have had no issues with my gimbal, FPV, or full camera control on the controller.
My understanding is that the 3+ must be the black edition to have full remote GoPro functionality.

Hi,
Could you be so kind as to tell me which version of GoPro 3+ Black are you on?
Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig