Go Pro Lens Replacement?

Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am looking to replace my go pro lens (fisheye) with a non fish eye lense. Ive got a suggestion of a peau, but im looking at my options as I want to make sure i can still use it for fishing, etc, not just for FPV.

Is there a lens that works well for all applications but gets rid of the fisheye lense?
Im technical, but ill need a tutorial as well... Or ill send it off and get it fixed :)
thanks

like reel :) fishing... head mounted.. or mounting biking, or skydiving... i know rrmccabe mentioned peau, but he also said that its not meant for action stuff like above.

Ryan, want me to do a hand held video with the Peau lens and send you the link? I don't think you will like it. Works great on tripod and hoping in gimbal. I am positive its going to suck in the fixed mount while you wait on your gimbal.

yeah if you want to take a little video, just walking or whatever that is cool.
Most people i think replace it with a $50 lens i just cant find it or the tutorial anymore ;0

The tutorial is the same regardless of the lens.

Here is install video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is lens.

http://peauproductions.com/store/in...id=685&zenid=b1a6200dafd0e4893d3279c9a07e12a8

Will go shoot you a video of front yard now.
I want pet raccoon footage :)

this is one that people use too... I just know next to nothing about lenses. so no idea if its worth a hoot or not
http://www.optics-online.com/search_all_products.asp?PartNumber=DSL355A-650&SearchButton=Search

Here ya go.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: elevatedVUE
sweet jesus, are you trying to make me puke? Yeah, i will not be installing that lens :)
thank you for talking me out of it :)

Reactions: Raybro
Told ya. Looks great in tripod. But cant hold it by hand. I think on a helmut it would be bad. Hope the Solo gimbal is a good one.

i am still looking for a decent lense replacement for my hero 4 silver.... any ideas?

i did reach out for a friend request... $80 for a lens at a starting point is pretty stiff...

well, ive seen and heard plenty of people getting decent lenses for 25-40$, so its a bit stiff compared to that... overall, who knows :)

well, ive seen and heard plenty of people getting decent lenses for 25-40$, so its a bit stiff compared to that... overall, who knows :)

For what a Fishers price Camera? haha

I think about $85 is where they normally start. Peau gets little more money because they provide a 50 cent O ring with it. LOL

I think they are all the same brand. But since you use it for fishing and everything you are going to want one.

yeah i reached out to that guy with my needs, so hopefully he can hook me up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela