go pro 4 black

Reaction score
HI My first post ,can someone help me please .I have just brought a go pro 4 black ,and trying to configure to record on my iPhone 6+ and nothing is showing up on my iPhone ,is there something I'm not doing correctly ?
Any help welcome

Welcome Redlog,

I just posted this thread about my experience with the iOS app.I spoke to my brother (also a Solo owner who uses an iPhone) and he was experiencing similar issues. I'm sorry, I don't have an answer yet, but you're not alone.

Just to knock out some of the standards, though, make sure that you're connecting your iPhone to the Sololink_XXXXXX SSID and also make sure wifi is turned off on the GoPro. When I first got mine, I found that I didn't have the HDMI cable inserted fully into the GoPro so check for that as well.

HI My first post ,can someone help me please .I have just brought a go pro 4 black ,and trying to configure to record on my iPhone 6+ and nothing is showing up on my iPhone ,is there something I'm not doing correctly ?
Any help welcome
I had the same issue but with an iPad. In my situation I was told that with the HDMI cord itself there was a bad batch. make sure your cords are fully seated.

There are two ways I read the original post:

1. You can't get a live video feed on your iPhone/pad, or;

2. You can't record the video your are getting on your iPhone/pad.

Regarding #1 there are some threads here where people talk about the order they turn devices on. What works for me is to turn on the Gopro first, then the Solo, then the controller, then connect the iPhone/pad to the Sololink wifi, then launch the app. Others advise turning the GoPro on later.

If the issue is #2, there is a setting inside the Solo app that you turn on to allow the app to record the live feed coming from the drone into your camera roll. The video quality is not as good as you get when you land the drone and import the video directly from your GoPro.

As I'm sure you are aware, once you get the gimbal your video will be much less shaky and you will be able to control your GoPro from the ground while you fly. In the meantime you have to manually hit record on the GoPro before you take off.

There are two ways I read the original post:

1. You can't get a live video feed on your iPhone/pad, or;

2. You can't record the video your are getting on your iPhone/pad.

Regarding #1 there are some threads here where people talk about the order they turn devices on. What works for me is to turn on the Gopro first, then the Solo, then the controller, then connect the iPhone/pad to the Sololink wifi, then launch the app. Others advise turning the GoPro on later.

If the issue is #2, there is a setting inside the Solo app that you turn on to allow the app to record the live feed coming from the drone into your camera roll. The video quality is not as good as you get when you land the drone and import the video directly from your GoPro.

As I'm sure you are aware, once you get the gimbal your video will be much less shaky and you will be able to control your GoPro from the ground while you fly. In the meantime you have to manually hit record on the GoPro before you take off.
I've never tried those orders - Thank you!!!

I've never tried those orders - Thank you!!!
Also, sometimes when I have trouble getting the live feed I power everything down and start over. Including my iPad. Sometimes you can get the video feed back by just quitting the Solo app and restarting it, but I've found that I needed to actually power the iPad down completely. - although I haven't really had the problem since the latest software updates.

Thanx that's one of my next steps - after putting this thing back together.

Well, I restarted in a different order GoPro, Solo, Controller the iPad still no video - it's a black screen with a red dot on the left as if it were the FPV view. I am perplexed

Well, I restarted in a different order GoPro, Solo, Controller the iPad still no video - it's a black screen with a red dot on the left as if it were the FPV view. I am perplexed

Look at your HDMI cable end with a magnifying glass to see if there are any bent pins.

Some did look bent I am going to use my jewelers tools to push them back into place
I Tried To no avail 3DR is getting me in contact with an agent to send me a new HDMI micro cord. It is NOT a software problem I have a Lemon of a cord (Which I was told there was a bad batch)

I Tried To no avail 3DR is getting me in contact with an agent to send me a new HDMI micro cord. It is NOT a software problem I have a Lemon of a cord (Which I was told there was a bad batch)
After working on my own issue with the live stream not showing on my iOS devices (then, subsequently, on my Android devices). I started having range issues. I would lose signal after about 150-200 meters. As a last ditch effort, I did a factory reset on the Solo and re-paired my controller. Lo & behold, everything started working (live stream, range, etc.)

May not be your issue, but that's what worked for me (I was at a point where I was ready to blame the HDMI cable).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44