Gimbal

3RD

Reaction score
When GoPro is not mounted and solo is on should my gimbal sit like? this
3ae1aa6c08f2f39740117778e094d89f.jpg

Reactions: Lon Denard
It looks like you have the Solo powered up - it's not a good idea to have the Solo and hence gimbal powered up without the camera installed.

It will try and balance the gimbal but without the camera it's too much unbalamced weight. It will usually give up and flop to one side like your's seems to have done.

Try powering up with the camera and balance weights (if it's a GP silver) and see how it sits. It should balance level and you shouldn't hear too much work being done by the gimbal motors. It should be fine, but long term powering up like this could contribute to excessive wear.

Not sure why you powered Solo on without a camera in the gimbal but it's completely unbalanced when the GoPro isn't mounted.

I honestly just got it and didn't know that was something I shouldn't do. Thank you guys. But I didn't have a GoPro at the time and was just wondering if that was normal or not

Reactions: Lon Denard
Also a good idea to use the foam insert (that comes with the gimbal new) when powered down, stored and traveling with or without the camera mounted. It supports the 2 axes that are imbalanced without the camera and guards it from shock during travel.

Reactions: AlienPanda and DJMc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig