Gimbal test video (Tarot 2D)

Sure. The best method will depend a little on your setup. Apps like Premiere Pro have it all built i with warp and lens profiles so it is a bit more seamless, but also more expensive.

If you have a stock lens on the GoPro and want to get rid of fish eye, I would do that first, as the result will effect what you are stabilizing next. But if not, then you can stabilize first. Keep in mind, after you get the gimbal, stabilization my often not be needed, and with an alternate lens (such as PEAU 5.44) you also don't have fish eye. Not necessary, but it exists...
Agreed. Take the fisheye first then Stabalize.

Also agree with the above post about trimming your clips down first. You will get much better results. Stabilizers look at the dominant motion throughout an entire clip and Stabalize to that. So if you want the best results break your video into as many clips as makes sense and trim them down.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Holy crap you guys! you are why this forum is so valuable! Thank you all so much. Now I've got to re-read all of this and get my butt in gear. Wow.

If you ever get interested in Premiere, Here are links for how to remove fisheye and stabilize in that product..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubalr
If you ever get interested in Premiere, Here are links for how to remove fisheye and stabilize in that product..

Cheers :)
Thanks Earl! I was looking for something like this. Just starting to play with. Hopefull with the Gimbal, won't need it much.

I have Power Director 13, but its really hard to figure out. You need a degree to run it. Guess why my 13 yr old can run it with his eyes closed.

I have Power Director 13, but its really hard to figure out. You need a degree to run it. Guess why my 13 yr old can run it with his eyes closed.
Premiere is expensive but the good news is there are a LOT of people using it, so if you can imagine it, someone has probably done it and being what it is, they made a video of how you can too...:)

My advice is to use whatever you've got. But if your just starting out (and you have a Mac), start with iMovie and then move up to Final Cut X. I just think they are easier to use and understand than the other options.

My advice is to use whatever you've got. But if your just starting out (and you have a Mac), start with iMovie and then move up to Final Cut X. I just think they are easier to use and understand than the other options.
Agreed. The Adobe "suite" is highly capable, but can be very complex. You need a degree just to figure out which app does what :\

While waiting on the Solo gimbal I decided to go ahead and mount a Tarot 2D. It's not going to win a style contest due to the wiring I had to do but it works and I've got FPV as well with no leg extensions thanks to a custom 3d printed mount that a fellow member sent me.

It was extremely windy this morning but I wanted to see what it would do. I also kept it on full acceleration. I plan on doing another test in less extreme weather tomorrow and I will also turn the power down some. Still not going to be as smooth as the Solo gimbal but it is better than nothing while I wait.

Oh I have not fine tuned the gimbal either so that will help some as well when I get to it.

This is just a quick video so guys cut me some slack.

Hey aggravated, can you tell me how you wired that or provide some photos of how you did that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle