gimbal sweep speed

Reaction score
I know that the speed wheel (right side) in between the (2) gimbal angle preset buttons can be used to set the speed at which the preset angles are reached. But is there a way to set the speed at which the gimbal sweeps when using the paddle (left side)?

BTW...a nice tip I just discovered: Pressing (pulling in, not up/down) the paddle will start/stop video recording or take picture...depending if GoPro is in video or picture mode.

The left paddle is controlled by "skill". Nothing else. It may be helpful if you use your thumb & forefinger to control it.

I use my forefinger and middle. It is all skill. And then add a little latency in the mix to make it more difficult.

I can't imagine there not a parameter setting for this. I may just set my presets to 0 and 90 and just use those as UP and DOWN...because they have adjustable speeds...albeit, not linear speed throughout the movement, but easier than the paddle.

Practice with the paddle. You can reset the presets in flight I believe if you see an interesting shot you want to make.
Yep, preset 1/2 can be changed by setting the angle and holding the appropriate button.

Last edited:
I wish someone could mod a variable pot into the tilt paddle control. I had it on my Phantom 2V+ and was a huge benefit to have. Just need someone to lay out the wiring and parts list.....if it can done.

Never could figure out why 3DR didn't offer it from software.... Kudos to y'all that have the ability to manipulate manually, but I can't do it while controlling the bird's flight.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I wish someone could mod a variable pot into the tilt paddle control. I had it on my Phantom 2V+ and was a huge benefit to have. Just need someone to lay out the wiring and parts list.....if it can done.
Never could figure out why 3DR didn't offer it from software.... Kudos to y'all that have the ability to manipulate manually, but I can't do it while controlling the bird's flight.
Paddle speed is something 3DR left out that would have been nice to be controlled like the presets.
Conceivably, couldn't expo be programmed into it like on other controls?

Yep, preset A/B can be changed by setting the angle and holding the appropriate button.
It is preset buttons 1/2 on the right side...not the A/B buttons.

Not sure why 3DR didn't have buttons1/2 program as they currently do...then use the roller to program the paddle. As it is, the roller does absolutely nothing when not used to setup buttons 1/2.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Conceivably, couldn't expo be programmed into it like on other controls?
Maybe, but seems anything software in Solo is across the board when changed. I'd imagine since the IMX6 controls all things from "a" given value setting. So smart shot's camera pitch would likely slow down as well. Ever run a Tower or MP mission with Solo being in Rabbit mode...not pretty at all.

If the paddle is analog, by adding a resistor (or variable pot) with an on/off switch, you'd only be outputting half as an example. The IMX would see that full pitch input at half the output The value set in software is unchanged and smart shots would continue as normal regardless of any hardware mods

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig