Gimbal smoke and metallic smell

Hey guys, brand new to the community. I recently picked up a Solo on ebay, and then picked up a solo gimbal. After installing, and powering on, I noticed a whiff smoke and a strange mettalic smell. I shut it down immediately, and removed the gimbal. I determined that the soldering points were not broken, and didn't notice any scorching or burning on the mother board. I replaced the gimbal, powered back on. No smoke this time, and I got a visual from my GoPro.

However, the "Update" light is on on the gimbal, and never turns green. The app (still stock Solo app, haven't made the change to Solex yet) says "Gimbal not Found". I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere in the forum already, I haven't found a thread about it, nor can I find an answer via Google.

Has anyone encountered this before?

THIS IS THE GIMBAL U SENT ME!!!!!!!!!?

THIS IS THE GIMBAL U SENT ME!!!!!!!!!?
Um yea, sure is. They both did this, not hiding it. Everyone I've talked to seemed to think that it was the board of the drone, not the gimbal. Seeing as how it happened with both gimbals I've bought, it seemed logical that the board was the issue, not the gimbal. I've already told you 'd send you back your batteries.

Um yea, sure is. They both did this, not hiding it. Everyone I've talked to seemed to think that it was the board of the drone, not the gimbal. Seeing as how it happened with both gimbals I've bought, it seemed logical that the board was the issue, not the gimbal. I've already told you 'd send you back your batteries.
I also told you that I bought new gimbals both times for a board issue, stated above. I wasn't trying to offload you bad gimbals, I logically thought that there was no way I'd get 2 bad gimbals with the same exact issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40