Gimbal SCORE - Yes I am still here

Yes it has and I got mine last night and after going off and losing all my enthusiasm about solo these past weeks, I can say it's all back. Call me what you will but this thing is absolutely amazing to me. Not gonna go all fan boy and cheerlead for ever but I'm happier than I could have possibly planned on with my setup. Everything is now flawless only thing not actually perfected is legs or extensions in wide shots, otherwise I couldn't complain if I wanted to.

Yes it has and I got mine last night and after going off and losing all my enthusiasm about solo these past weeks, I can say it's all back. Call me what you will but this thing is absolutely amazing to me. Not gonna go all fan boy and cheerlead for ever but I'm happier than I could have possibly planned on with my setup. Everything is now flawless only thing not actually perfected is legs or extensions in wide shots, otherwise I couldn't complain if I wanted to.
If you can swing it, you should look at the PEAU 5.44 rectilinear lens. No legs. No fish eye to correct. If you can do it, have them install it. Not cheap, but you won't be disappointed. The "super mount" also adds the ability to stack small and lightweight filters...

If you can swing it, you should look at the PEAU 5.44 rectilinear lens. No legs. No fish eye to correct. If you can do it, have them install it. Not cheap, but you won't be disappointed. The "super mount" also adds the ability to stack small and lightweight filters...

What's the advantage if they install is it that hard to do correctly.

I've been debating this a while, also been debating between the 5.44 a the other I believe it's 4.35 maybe folks are using? Their site I see has a bunch of different options and I'll be doing it before long for sure.

I have seen people have pink corner problems. I was in the market for a new GoPro. and I got the entire thing from them.
Any idea what in the install could cause this or how much more they charge to install? I really just hate to send off my camera more than the money but I guess over the winter once it's real cold and I get some time to shoot with my gimbal it won't be such a problem.

Any idea what in the install could cause this or how much more they charge to install? I really just hate to send off my camera more than the money but I guess over the winter once it's real cold and I get some time to shoot with my gimbal it won't be such a problem.
Not sure which GP you have, but the install is much easier that Peau shows on their site. Check this how to..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And this was this weekend with the 4.35..

Reactions: rrmccabe
Not sure which GP you have, but the install is much easier that Peau shows on their site. Check this how to..

And this was this weekend with the 4.35..
Saw the mention of new profile and software on their site is that needed or is their profile to reduce the pink corners available elsewhere?

I'm sure I can do the install but if it's going to have the color issues id rather go ahead and pay them to do it.

Jubalr is yours self installed or do you have any profile changed from stock?

Saw the mention of new profile and software on their site is that needed or is their profile to reduce the pink corners available elsewhere?

I'm sure I can do the install but if it's going to have the color issues id rather go ahead and pay them to do it.

Jubalr is yours self installed or do you have any profile changed from stock?
Mine is stock. Didn't do any color corrections on the video in post. Depending on environment, the pink hue will show in the corners more noticeable than other times. Blue skies are probably the worst. I didn't want to send the GP off anywhere, so figured if it was bad enough I could reduce it in post.
Jubal

No more complaining from me ... Weathered the storm and I am satisfied. The GPS issue seems to have resolved, and the gimbal performs as promised. Solo has performed flawlessly from the beginning. I feel confident enough to invest in a backup unit.

Now ... onto making movies.

Reactions: Del
Mine is stock. Didn't do any color corrections on the video in post. Depending on environment, the pink hue will show in the corners more noticeable than other times. Blue skies are probably the worst. I didn't want to send the GP off anywhere, so figured if it was bad enough I could reduce it in post.
Jubal

Thanks that's my issue too just got the solo complete so I'm not sending my gopro off now. I got a 3 too but it's not compatible really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44