Gimbal Ribbon Cable (No, the one at the motor)

Reaction score
So I found today that a portion of the cable that leads from to the rotating components of the Solo is broken at it's bending point. The gimbal itself seems to be functioning when I go to launch solo, and I can turn it up and down and the camera levels, but no video feed makes it to the App. I have checked all of the upper connections and they are fine. It's clearly severed (see photos).

I have an email into 3DR about this, but in the meantime I wanted to do some research on my own and see if there is an easy fix or replacement for this cable.

Thanks for the help.
m@

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
Hi Matt, that looks like it's as broken as broken can get. This is the first I've seen of it, we'll get you out a new one.

I have also opened a trouble ticket, and have not heard back. Looking to replace the ribbon cable to the gimbal,(not the hdmi cable that folks are replacing with the relish3d cable) Can they be purchased?

Edit: On second thought that looks to be something that is not easy to repair myself, my cable is torn completely in the exact same location. I am out of warranty, so it looks like I'll need a new gimbal.

Last edited:
Yea mine had a hard landing a few weeks back and my gimbal was suddenly sticking, almost did this exact same thing I'd bet, but I was able to get it pushed back in place after a couple tries. Anyone found a replacement yet, I'd like a spare in case the issue pops back up.

Thanks

Yeah. I wish they sold more spare parts. I know the Solo is a "consumer" drone, but for those of us who started out with 3DR pre Solo, it's a bit frustrating to have to send it in to make repairs.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Totally agree and I bet more folks that own solo so far are former customers or at least own another quad opposed to average first flight consumers.

With the price break I'm sure that will change, but even then most folks knowing enough to want solo have likely had others RCs of some kind or are into tinkering with electronics.

I'd hope sooner or later they sell parts, although after cutting the price in half to 200 bucks now, aside from the ribbon cable it may not be worth repairing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M